To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Newark, NJ 07105
- Emily Mitchell
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
IT Systems Auditor
Kelly IT Resources • Newark, NJ
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
IT Systems Auditor
Permanent / Direct Hire – Newark, NJ
To apply, please email your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] today!
Our client maintains an Internal Audit department as a means of providing the Audit and Finance Committee of the Board of Directors and all levels of management, with an independent and objective assurance and consulting function designed to add value and improve the organization’s operations. Our client’s Internal Audit remains focused on helping the Company accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes. Reporting directly to an Audit Director this position is a member of the department’s leadership team and is responsible for the supervision and the execution of a portion of the annual IA audit plan. Responsibilities also include the development, design and implementation of Internal Audit functional strategic initiatives. These responsibilities include ensuring the appropriateness of the audit scope, quality of testing and reporting, and the identification as well as tracking of issues to closure. This position is accountable for developing good business relationships with audit clients and for influencing management to improve the control environment outside of specific audit work.
- Develops IT audit scope and work programs
- Provides support to external auditing firms and internal client personnel as needed to coordinate divisional resource to audit requests.
- Oversees work of staff auditors and executes IT audit testing
- Provides guidance and critiques Model Audit Rule (MAR) work products
- Documents audit test results in accordance with audit policies and procedures.
- Identifies, develops and documents control issues
- Interviews and gathers information regarding the process being audited
- Reviews the audit points and recommendations made by staff to determine their adequacy and importance, if applicable
- Assists the manager or General Auditor in executing the IT audit
- Assists the manager or General Auditor in facilitating the execution and monitoring of the SSAE16 or other external audits.
- Documents the IT audit results and issues as part of the audit report.
- Establishes buy in with management by thoroughly working through issues.
- Offers value-added recommendations to management on internal controls.
- Reviews the audit points and recommendations made by staff to determine their adequacy and importance, if applicable.
- Discusses all audit recommendations with appropriate levels of management to obtain necessary approvals.
- Provides assistance to Manager/Director in selecting and training staff personnel. This includes directing, advising and assisting less-experienced auditors in planning and completing assignments
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to problem solve to make value-added control recommendations
- Excellent people skills, including relationship management, communication, influencing, planning, presentation and motivation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Needs to demonstrate willingness to cross-train, and be cross-trained, in other roles/duties
- Requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designation strongly preferred
- Big FOUR experience strongly preferred
- Requires four (4) + years of IT audit experience
- Extensive knowledge of audit and control concepts, including application and general computer controls
- Ideal experience would include experience with insurance and/or healthcare companies, but not required
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100™ companies, and more than 9,000 IT hiring managers turn to us each year to access the best talent: people like you.
Last year we found 10,000 opportunities for IT professionals. Let us help advance your career today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to have a role in managing employment opportunities for more than one million workers around the globe. We employ 550,000 of these individuals directly with the remaining workers engaged through our talent supply chain network of supplier partners. Revenue in 2015 was $5.5 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females, Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.