To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Falls Church, VA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Vice President, State Consulting - Lewin Group - Falls Church, VA
UnitedHealth Group • Falls Church, VA
Posted 12 days ago
The Lewin Group is a premier national health care and human services consulting and policy analysis firm with 45 years of experience finding answers and solving problems for leading organizations in the public, non-profit, and private sectors. Lewin's strategic and analytical services aim to help clients:
- Improve policy and expand knowledge of health care and human service systems
- Enact, run, and evaluate programs to enhance delivery and financing of health care and family services
- Deal with shifts in health care practice, technology, and regulation
- Optimize performance, quality, coverage, and health outcomes
- Create strategies for institutions, communities, associations, foundations, governments, and people to make health care and human services systems more effective
In the wide-ranging field of human services consulting, The Lewin Group provides both depth and breadth of expertise. Currently, Lewin has more than 300 consultants drawn from industry, government and academia. They all share a strong commitment to Lewin’s core values of objectivity, integrity, analytical innovation, vision and dedication to client satisfaction.
The Lewin Group’s State Consulting market helps state and local governments design, implement, and improve the programs they regulate and administer. Lewin also works with foundations and associations to research and evaluate complex health care and human services needs. By delivering objective, data-driven research, evaluations and, technical assistance including exclusive access to proprietary data sets, Lewin is able to support current program activities, inform future program investments and support strategic decision processes.
The Lewin Group’s in-depth health, long-term care, and human services program experience enables us to help governments understand their constituents’ needs. Our consultants provide options to meet those needs within the regulatory, political, and fiscal realities faced by our state and local government clients. We analyze the impact on individuals, programs, budgets and quality. In sum, we help our clients identify and address their challenges effectively, efficiently, and with cultural competence.
The Vice President will provide support on projects including program design, evaluations, technical assistance and policy analysis. She/he will manage complex projects steeped in quantitative and qualitative analysis and play a key role in the support of projects at the market level. The Vice President will be charged with executing on a strategy for growth. In collaboration with current staff across the organization, the Vice President will work to provide unparalleled client service, produce the highest-quality deliverables, and innovate across the market.
From a relationship and business growth perspective, she/he will be responsible for developing new client relationships, attaining new contracts, and broadening the firm’s work in this space. While managing and attaining her/his own individual new business development goal, the Vice President will strengthen and grow key client relationships and build upon her/his reputation as a trusted advisor to those organizations regarding health care programs. She/he will also advance business development opportunities for team members.
In terms of execution, the Vice President will build upon a successful track record of performance and a reputation for delivering desired results. She/he will foster a culture of accountability and high performance within project timelines.
From a team leadership perspective, she/he will engage quickly and directly with internal and external stakeholders and proactively partner with senior leaders to drive to conclusions and think creatively. The Vice President will be a leader, and one who can build on the energy and momentum of a growing team. She/he will identify and develop key hires to augment the functional skill set at the market level.
The Vice President will also recognize the unique value proposition inherent in Lewin’s expertise serving the health care space and will advance the team’s and firm’s reputation in the area. The successful candidate will possess an unbiased approach and will act quickly to establish herself/himself as a trusted member of the team and be relied upon to lead the team effectively and with commitment.
- Senior health policy expert or researcher with 15+ years industry experience in health research analysis, evaluation and/or policy expertise including strong analytic skills and advanced degree (Masters or Ph.D.) in health policy or similar discipline
- Minimum of 8-10 years of experience leading the design and execution of projects and managing a team of senior staff through execution
- Broad understanding of state health policy issues, with ability to work in multiple substantive areas serving as subject matter expert
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to translate complex findings to non-technical audiences
- Highly motivated, with demonstrated success working as a team member in a fast-paced interdisciplinary environment
- Strong business acumen – well regarded within health policy, research, and/or consulting environment(s), with experience working within or on behalf of state government
- Executive-level experience meeting sales and managed revenue goals, and adept at business development
- Ability to set strategy with a demonstrated record of objective analysis and innovative thinking
- A strong reputation as a research or policy leader, proven skills in the development, implementation and execution of strategic plans, the integration of complex projects, and the ability to identify future opportunities
- Experience working with Medicaid data
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: consulting, consultant, healthcare, health policy, research, researcher, analysis, evaluation, executive, sales, government, state, Falls Church, VA, Virginia, telecommute, telecommuter, telecommuting, remote, work from home