To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Farmington, CT
- Phone: 1.860.409-6333
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Health Care Information Analyst
ConnectiCare Inc. • Farmington, CT
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
ConnectiCare is a leading health plan in the state of Connecticut. ConnectiCare's mission is to make it easy for members to get the care they need. A local company for over 35 years, ConnectiCare has a full range of products and services for businesses, municipalities, individuals and those who are Medicare-eligible. A subsidiary of EmblemHealth, ConnectiCare leads the individual and small group markets in the state, and is ranked among the top commercial health plans in the nation, according to the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
We're looking for individuals who want to make a difference in the communities we serve. If you want to join a local team and help change the way health care is delivered, ConnectiCare is the place for you.
Purpose: To enhance the quality of information and analysis presented to our providers and customers throughout the enterprise. To provide technical expertise that positions Health Care Management as business advisors of the company by delivering "best-in-class" financial information, reporting and analysis.
- Provide high quality information and analysis that is clear, concise and actionable to our providers and customers across the organization.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with customers, senior management and business leads across the company as well as outside providers to ensure their business needs are met. Proactively work with other departments to become a business advisor on all assigned projects, analyses, etc in order to optimize cost of care and improve efficiency.
- Upon request, develop applications, databases, worksheets that allow the department and customers and providers to achieve success in a project/deliverable and occasionally include features so our customers become self-sufficient.
- Maintain ongoing reporting and database updates on a periodic basis ensuring the data included is accurate, complete and timely.
- As assigned, provide analytical support to all ad-hoc requests from internal customers look to provide "added value" by making suggestions to customers on how the information can be analyzed/presented differently and accurately.
- Document all developed applications, processes, etc so co-workers can easily understand and utilize.
- Performs other related projects and duties as assigned.
Technical Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Financial Management or Data Analytics
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills.
- 2 to 4 years of financial reporting and analysis experience.
- Preferred 2 years of previous experience in health care data analysis or reimbursement methods required, preferably within a managed care environment.
- Develop clear and concise solutions/conclusions and provide recommendations and "value added" support to customers.
- Previous experience utilizing relational databases.
- Strong working knowledge of relational database principles required, software packages including Microsoft Office Products particularly Access and Excel, SQL/SAS, Visual Basic, Geo-Access, etc.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills.
ConnectiCare is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V