To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Albuquerque, NM
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Home Health Care Consultant
Compassus • Albuquerque, NM
Posted 9 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
At Compassus, our mission is to provide hospice care to terminally ill patients and their families with Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence. The Colleagues of Compassus are committed to keeping The Hospice Promise by delivering the highest quality of care, serving the needs of patients and families and spreading the stories of hospice to those whom they come into contact. Our goal is to provide the greatest possible comfort and care for those who experience one of life’s most intimate and challenging moments.
Compassus also provides palliative care to improve quality of life for patients and families who may also be seeking aggressive treatment for their serious illness. Compassus palliative care services can offer relief from symptoms and pain and a care plan based on your values and needs.
The Home Health Care Consultant, under the direction of the Executive Director and Sales Director, is responsible for sourcing admissions through direct community contacts which educate healthcare providers and the general public about the Home Health Program.
The Home Health Care Consultant is responsible for modeling the 3 Company values of Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence, and for promoting the Home Health Compassus philosophy, using the Six Pillars of Success as the foundation. S/he is responsible for upholding the Code of Ethical Conduct and for promoting positive working relationships within the Program, between the Program and other Company departments, and between the Program and all external stakeholders. S/he is responsible for applying the rules and regulations of state and federal regulatory agencies and other certified agencies.
Compassus is dedicated to providing the highest quality of care to every eligible patient who desires Home Health in our markets. In order to achieve this goal, we must also provide the best service to our current and prospective referral sources, thereby ensuring that we optimize our “book of business” and give the gift of Home Health to as many patients and their families as possible.
Regulatory Compliance Pillar of Success
- Complies with all federal, state, and local laws, rules, and regulations to which the Company is subject.
- Understands and adheres to all Company policies and procedures.
- Protects the confidentiality of all patient, Colleague, and Company information.
- Cooperates with internal and external surveys, audits and investigations, providing truthful and accurate information.
- Colleagues and Culture Pillar of Success
- Contributes to a positive and professional work environment through personal choice of actions, according to the Compassus Code of Ethical Conduct.
- Participates in regular, direct, and effective communications with Colleagues and Leaders, promoting team building, problem solving, and peer support.
- Promotes a positive working relationship between Program and Corporate personnel.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, educational programs and community events, as requested.
- Promotes Home Health philosophy.
- Communicates identified needs and potential solutions to manager.
- Participates in weekly development meetings; completes and submits, as required, all activity reports and documentation.
Quality Pillar of Success
- Exhibits compassion, dignity, and respect to our patients and families in all circumstances.
- Works consistently to do things right the first time, in accordance with our core value of Excellence.
- Makes efficient and effective use of resources to complete assignments.
- Demonstrates personal responsibility for professional development and training.
- Participates in the Quality and Performance Improvement (QAPI) process of the Home Health Program.
Service Pillar of Success
- Exemplifies the Home Health Compassus Service Commitment in all actions.
- Demonstrates willingness and ability to adjust to change rapidly and is flexible in a variety of situations.
- Is open, receptive, approachable, and quick to respond to direction and assignments.
Growth Pillar of Success
- Demonstrates initiative and a “Level 5” Commitment to achieving Company growth and results to ensure long-term viability.
- Represents the Company positively and professionally within the community.
- Provides accurate information regarding Home Health services in response to inquiries by healthcare providers and general public.
- In concert with the Executive Director and Director of Sales, prepares a goal-directed development plan to educate healthcare providers and the general public about the Home Health Program.
- Maintains current data on market area, competitors, and marketing strategies.
- Maintains an organized approach to territory management.
- Prepares and conducts calls and presentations to potential referral sources.
- Participates in strategic planning and the analysis for their assigned territory in conjunction with the Home Health agency business plan.
- Coordinates with clinical management staff in planning in-services and presentations, and in addressing issues with referral sources.
- Participates in community and organizational programs as requested to promote professional growth and understanding of Home Health care.
- Financial Responsibility Pillar of Success
- Conducts business effectively and in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Applies the most cost-effective approach to every situation.
- Practices good stewardship with regard to Company time, money, and physical resources.
- Learns and executes the Company’s consultative selling strategy to build sustainable relationships with targeted referral customers.
- Initiates and coordinates contract negotiations with facilities, insurance companies, and managed care organizations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong oral and verbal communications.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to successfully write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of Leaders, Colleagues, patients and family members and the general public.
- Ability to assess trends and anticipate issues, identify any gaps, establish and analyze facts, diagnose the root cause of the problem, generate potential innovative solutions, develop an action plan, and execute.
- Ability to interpret financial and other data in a variety of forms and deal with multiple abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends. Must be able to travel frequently overnight as required (approximately 75% of time).
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree in marketing, business, or health-related field preferred; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in health- care marketing preferred.
Ability to work independently in the management of assigned responsibilities. Must be able to relate to and work with the disabled, ill, elderly, emotionally upset and, at times, hostile people within the facility or home setting.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
Must have a valid driver's license and auto liability insurance.
Other Skills and Abilities
Excellent communication skills. Proficiency in skills related to public relations and marketing. Ability to work independently in the management of assigned responsibilities. Must maintain a relationship with all referral sources to make sure we are meeting their needs, as well as those of the patients, families, support staff, etc. Strong negotiation skills a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Colleague to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the Colleague is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The Colleague is frequently required to walk or move about and reach with hands and arms. The Colleague is occasionally required to stand and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The Colleague must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Colleague encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Interacts with residents, family members, staff, visitors, government agencies/personnel, etc. under all conditions/circumstances. May be involved in community/civic health matters/projects. May be exposed to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to the AIDS and hepatitis B viruses.
Join our Talent Network at the link below to stay up to date on our current openings.