To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Design for Manufacturing Engineer
Tripp Lite • Chicago, IL
Posted 5 days ago
Experience - 3 to 10 years
Computer Hardware, Sales - Marketing
Engineering, Manufacturing, Design
How Do You Compare to the Competition?
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are looking for a motivated Design for Manufacturing (DFM) / Design for Test (DFT) Engineer to join our product development team. He/she will be responsible for enhancing and managing the DFM/DFT process as related to PCB assemblies and complete electronic devices. In addition the engineer will coordinate with manufacturing partners to achieve efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Develop, support, and continually improve rigorous DFM/DFT processes to ensure our developed products are optimized for manufacturing in terms of efficiency and accuracy in PCBA production, unit assembly, calibration, programming, and testing.
- The DFM/DFT Engineer will work with technical leads within the Engineering group to ensure design for manufacturability and maintenance is considered during the design phase for both hardware and software.
- Work with System Test Group and IT to identify critical parameters to be monitored at the manufactures site and agree on production test result reporting methods.
- Ensure manufacturing partners test capability is at an acceptable level, including processes such as measurement systems analysis where appropriate. Produce process capability charts and reports.
- The DFM/DFT engineer will be expected to work across functional areas within the engineering group as needed.
- Interact and build relationships with manufacturing partners within the scope of the DFM/DFT Engineer role.
- Stay abreast of manufacturing innovations that could be applied to our products.
- The DFM/DFT Engineer position will require occasional travel to Asia for direct contact with manufacturing partners and suppliers.
- The DFM/DFT Engineer position will require conference calls with overseas team members during irregular hours.
- The DFM/DFT Engineer position reports to the Director of Electrical Engineering.
- An engineering degree with at least 3 - 10 years of applicable experience.
- DFM/DFT experienced in areas such as power electronics, embedded systems and software.
- Knowledge of electrical design, mechanical engineering, materials and manufacturing processes.
- A demonstrated understanding of the cause and effect relationship between manufacturing practices and defect modes in electronic/power products.
- Experience in value engineering and continuous process improvement.
- Understanding of process capability, data science, statistical process controls and critical parameter management.
- Familiarity with safety agency design requirements.
- Both technical and commercial awareness. Ability to prioritize issues, communicate reasoning and negotiate for resources when needed.
- Ability to build relationships from shop floor to management level, identify and clearly communicate key information and tailor the communication for the audience.
- Ability to design & propose alternative solutions when faced with barriers.
- An outgoing personality with the ability to work constructively with others through differences of opinion.
- Experience with Labview a plus.
- Highly motivated to learn and adapt to fast-changing technologies and environments.
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin.
Job ID: DFM
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.