To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
Tampa, FL 33610
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
CIB North America Banking Audit Manager
JPMorgan Chase & Co. • Tampa, FL
Posted 7 days ago
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at http://www.jpmorganchase.com/.
Our Internal Audit Function
Internal Audit is an independent function that provides objective assurance guided by a philosophy of adding value to improve the operations of the organization. It assists the organization in accomplishing its objectives by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the organization's governance, risk management, and internal control processes. The team’s priorities are focused on strong governance, transparency, strategic engagement and fostering a diverse and inclusive culture that focuses on people development.
The role is for an experienced auditor within the Banking audit team, reporting to the Banking Team Lead located in New York. The position is based in New York providing audit coverage of core Banking activities, including Investment Banking (M&A, ECM, DCM), Global Trade and Loan Products and Banker coverage across the region.
The successful candidate will work in the New York based team and will be responsible for executing the regional audit plan for these areas. They will also partner with Corporate Sector and CIB audit colleagues to ensure appropriate regional coverage of Banking. They will be expected to:
- Participate on and lead audit engagements from planning to reporting and produce quality deliverables to both department and professional standards.
- Partner with colleagues and stakeholders to evaluate, test and report on the adequacy and effectiveness of management controls.
- Finalize audit findings and use judgment to provide an overall opinion on the control environment.
- Communicate audit findings to management and identify opportunities for improvement in the design and effectiveness of key controls.
- Build and maintain key relationships with stakeholders, establishing a culture of engagement whilst adding value.
- Implement and execute an effective program of continuous auditing for assigned areas, including monitoring of key metrics to identify control issues and adverse trends.
- Effectively manage teams where required, performing timely review of work performed and providing honest and constructive feedback
- Stay up-to-date with evolving industry and regulatory changes impacting the business.
Travel to overseas business locations may be required. While the amount of travel will vary depending upon business need, no more than approximately 20 per cent should be anticipated.
- Education to degree standard is preferable, as is a relevant professional qualification. All relevant educational, business or accounting qualifications will be taken into account.
- Minimum 8 years of audit or relevant business experience
- Knowledge and preferably experience of Investment Banking (M&A, ECM, DCM), and/or Global Trade and Loan products, ideally from an audit or risk perspective.
- The ability to work effectively within a team.
- Strong analytical skills particularly in regard to assessing the probability and impact of a control weakness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to management in a persuasive manner.
- Enthusiastic, self motivated, effective under pressure and willing to take personal risk and accountability
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders, desire to learn quickly, be flexible and think strategically.
- Proven ability to multitask as well as assess and change priorities.
- Self motivated audit professional who effectively analyses risk and proactively identifies issues.
- Ability to work well individually, and in teams, share information, support colleagues and encourage participation
- Flexibility to travel as required
• In-depth understating of audit practices and methodologies, including risk assessment and a solid understanding of internal control concepts