To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Novi, MI 48375
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Coordinator, Transportation/Freight Bill
Ryder Logistics & Transportation • Novi, MI
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for supporting Transportation Management business processes (i.e. procurement, Freight Bill Audit & Payment, Shipment Planning & Execution) to ensure that Ryder's solutions are meeting customer requirements. This position will handle defined processes, repeatable analysis and tasks driving continous cost and service improvement by recommending and implementing stated improvements. Position will require both customer and carrier interfacing and capable of representing Ryder in customer meetings.
- High school diploma or 1 year work experience or accredited internship/cooperative experience
- Previous transportation experience in customer service, accounting
- Knowledge and understanding of the basic requirements for freight movement (truckload, LTL, air, small parcel) is required
- 1 year experience working with customers or carriers preferred
- Bachelors degree in Transportation Management, Logistics, or Business Administration preferred
- Ability to prioritize, organize and accomplish work
- Candidate must possess strong verbal and written communication skills internally as well as externally
- Candidate must possess excellent communications skills, both written and verbal, and have a strong professional presence
- MS Office (Proficiency in Excel, Access & PowerPoint) Aptitude to gain further competency in Statistical and/or Transportation Analysis tools (Minitab, SAS, Metlab, i2, Tmod, ILPS) Ryder TM Operating Systems (Miles, TIS, i2TMS, Ryder On line)
- Ensure that the output of TM centralized processes meet solution design specifications and customer requirements
- Proactively monitor and manage key performance indicators
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.