To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Manager , Trade Strategy
Newell Brands • Atlanta, GA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Newell Brands (NYSE: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate®, Sharpie®, Dymo®, EXPO®, Parker®, Elmer’s®, Coleman®, Jostens®, Marmot®, Rawlings®, Irwin®, Lenox®, Oster®, Sunbeam®, FoodSaver®, Mr. Coffee®, Rubbermaid Commercial Products®, Graco®, Baby Jogger®, NUK®, Calphalon®, Rubbermaid®, Contigo®, First Alert®, Waddington and Yankee Candle®. Driven by a sharp focus on the consumer, leading investment in innovation and brands, and a performance-driven culture, Newell Brands helps consumers achieve more where they live, learn, work and play.
The Trade Strategy - Manager (TSM) will work closely with the Senior Manager Trade Strategy and cross functional teams in the development of sub-category strategies focusing on driving growth and expansion.
Leveraging syndicated data, category and industry trend information, and internal performance metrics, the TSM will develop comprehensive strategies focused around enabling greater sell-in, sell-through, and market share gains. This information will inform Sales and Channel Marketing Teams as they pursue opportunities with customers. This position works as a strategic thought leader, imparting knowledge of the category to drive profitable business results.
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:Extensive Sub-Category Understanding
- Act as subject matter expert in assigned category and provide thought leadership to internal constituents as well as external customers.
- Serve as the expert on the use of NPD, IRI, and internal data to inform the development of strategies and tactics for market expansion
- Understand and represent the division P&L throughout all business activities
- Participate in select customer meetings as the credible sub-category expert
- Identify and disseminate best practice recommendations within various sub-categories
- Develop promotional guidelines by sub-category or product line
- Define funding guidelines to ensure optimal execution of tactics.
- Track and report on business results.
- Provide insight and perspective of the various channel dynamics on assigned categories.
- Monitor channel shifting and the associated trends reflected in the marketplace.
- Evaluate multi-channel purchasing behaviors (e.g. site to store, store to site, etc.).
- Identify opportunities to capitalize on both online purchase behaviors and in-store purchase behaviors.
- Advise on the various impacts of business decisions on different channels
- Partner with Brand Development to manage pipeline of innovation, bringing both a customer and consumer perspective to the development process
- Use knowledge of customer and consumer to recommend optimal assortments and channel exclusives
- Build in-store and .com requirements for a successful go-to-market into launch development plans
- Understand impacts of new innovation to the division P&L
- Manage flow of information and requests from Sr. Management, CDO, business segments, etc.
- Prioritize and resource projects effectively.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and resource projects effectively
- Bachelor's degree (emphasis in business, marketing, finance or related field), advanced degree preferred
- 5-7 years of experience working with a leading CPG company (Trade or Channel Marketing, Category Management, Finance)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Category Management philosophies, tools and processes and proven record of success.
- Strategic thinking, self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with aggressive deadlines
- Advanced analytical skills and computer software proficiency (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with syndicated data, measures and software (e.g. NPD, IRI, , etc.)
- Multi-channel experience and shopper understanding.
- Must be able to travel 10-20% of the time.
- Build strong sustainable business relationships at all levels and functions of the organization and with customers and customer teams
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Direct and perform analysis across a wide variety of category business issues and make fact-based recommendations
- Must be able to link business objectives with winning growth strategies
- Convey complex issues brilliantly with excellent communication and presentation skills
Newell Brands and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and comply with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.