To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Shavano Park, TX
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
LVN Health Care Coordinator
Medix • Shavano Park, TX
Posted 2 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Health Care Coordinator is responsible for successfully supporting patients with stable chronic health conditions to navigate the healthcare system. The Health Care Coordinator assists in developing patient empowerment by acting as an educator, resource, and advocate for patients and their families to ensure a maximum quality of life. The Health Care Coordinator interacts and collaborates with multidisciplinary care teams, to include physicians, nurses, pharmacists, laboratory technologists, social workers, and other educators.
Support long-term care of the patient by:
- Performing assessments post hospital discharge
- Reconciling any medication issues
- Performing patient education using standardized, approved educational materials
- Making referrals to additional outstanding resources
- Supporting transition of patient from inpatient to outpatient setting
- Assisting with post discharge needs such as prescriptions, transportation, Durable Medical Equipment (DME), appointments
- Working closely with the interdisciplinary team
• Current and active LVN license