To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Saint Joseph, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Altec Industries , Inc. • Saint Joseph, MO
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why Join Altec?
Join a focused team where you can have an immediate impact in developing Altec’s next world-class Specialty product. The Altec Specialty Products Plant is responsible for the manufacturing of everything from 36 inch wide track drive Digger Derricks to 145 foot tall insulator washing equipment. This position is for a Manufacturing Engineer with interest in:
- Fabrication and Assembly
- Process Improvement
- Lean Manufacturing
Take a Career Step
- Work in a facility that manufactures, assembles, and tests its own designs.
- Altec Inc. is a financially stable company with a history of continuous growth, providing a pool of resources to draw on for support and with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Advancement opportunities exist, with relocation potential around the country.
- Altec specializes in the design, manufacture, sale, and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes, telecom, and specialty equipment, supporting customers in over 100 countries throughout the world.
This position is located in St. Joseph, Missouri, a friendly city planted down by the banks of the Missouri River, known for its close community. Locals and new residents of St. Joseph form friendships at a variety of events such as jazz festivals, outdoor activities on a 26 mile green parkway and seasonal tailgating parties. In St. Joseph, you will surely enjoy ample opportunities to make new friends and memories. Find out more at: www.choosestjoseph.com
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Agricultural Engineering
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work with team members and work with minimal supervision.
- 2+ yrs experience in manufacturing related field (recommended)
- Current valid Driver’s License
- Must be willing to travel 25% of the time, potentially on short notice, which may include flying
- Experience with Microsoft Access, Visual Basic, and SQL a benefit
- Participate and contribute productively as part of Altec’s team-oriented design, manufacture and customer service/support efforts.
- Operate with some decision-making latitude within the scope of an assignment.
- Know and applies fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures in the engineering field.
- Support Operations, Sales, and Service.
- Interface directly with Suppliers and Customers.
- Utilizes Lean principles to improve our products and processes.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
- Lead and implement capital projects.
- Ensure Production is building product in conformance to current engineering documentation.
- Lead continuous improvement efforts in the areas of Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety, and Productivity.
The job level is able to be adjusted at time of hire, if the candidate meets the qualifications for jobs of a more experienced level in the career path.
Customer First ● Enjoyment of Work ● Family ● Financial Stability ● Integrity ● People Are Our Greatest Strength ● Quality ● Spiritual Development ● Teamwork
Competitive pay which rewards performance
Comprehensive benefits including Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program - Retirement 401(k) Program - Vacation and Holidays - Flexible Spending Accounts - Tuition Assistance Program - Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program - Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.