To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Effingham, IL 62401
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
American Medical Response • Effingham, IL
Posted 19 days ago
Degree - High School
Healthcare - Health Services
Req ID: 99644
Department: Operations Location: Abbott EMS/AMR - Effingham, IL
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: The mission and purpose of this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service, and basic as well as advanced, patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
- Develop and utilize triage skills to provide optimal efficiency during calls.
- Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
- Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
- Communicate with receiving facility to receive medical direction and to provide critical information.
- Act as a team leader and take responsibility for scene and unit management as needed.
- Continuously maintain all required certifications.
- Document activities with regard to patient care and billing to ensure appropriate information is available regarding each call.
- Ability to work past scheduled shift with little or no notice.
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Other duties as defined by the formal job description.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Some advanced education preferred.
- Paramedic training and certification as required by the State or County to which you are assigned.
- Possess a valid State Driver's License.
- Current BCLS, ACLS, PALS, PHTLS/ITLS Provider Certification (where applicable or required by contract).
- Driving record in compliance with the company Safety and Driving policy.
- Successfully pass the Physical Agility Test.
- Competitive pay
- Tuition discounts
- Opportunities for professional growth
- Quality field experience
- Response to nationwide disasters as requested by FEMA
- Clinical Save Dinner and Awards Presentation
- Excellent full-time benefit package including medical, dental, life, vision, disability and 401(k) plans with company match
- Bi-weekly accrual of Paid Time Off (PTO) hours - Three weeks off within your first year of full-time employment!
- Uniform allowance
- Ability to transfer to other AMR locations nationwide
Job ID: 99644-en_US
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.