To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Phoenix, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
VP, Infrastructure and Technology Operations
Advisor Group • Phoenix, AZ
Posted 26 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Advisor Group Careers
Our strengths, combined with the collective strengths of our advisors, provide powerful momentum to meet the next generation of challenges and opportunities.Grade 24
Under the general direction of the Chief Information Officer (CIO), this role is responsible for the Infrastructure & Technology Operations function throughout Advisor Group. This role is part of the leadership team and therefore is expected to positively impact the overall delivery of information technology services as part of the technology team’s mission.
o Managed Services – Data center infrastructure (servers, storage, telephony, networking, and end user computing)
o Managed Services – Data center applications (primarily VPN, Office 365, Exchange, Lync, and other messaging services)
o Managed Services – Network administration
o Managed Services – Network engineering
o Managed Services and local support – End User Technology, including client environment engineering, tier 2 and 3 support.
• Provide infrastructure services vision, enable innovation, and leverage IT trends that can create business value consistent with the firm’s requirements and expectations.
• Lead strategic technology initiatives to (working with managed services providers) build and maintain key elements of the firm’s enterprise infrastructure and associated project portfolio. Including but not limited to 24x7 data center infrastructure management and evolution, mobility and remote access services, wireless networks, enterprise-scale messaging environments, active directory, dual-carrier WAN, software-defined internetworking, and innovative end user computing solutions.
• Provide leadership for delivery of 24/7 service operations and KPI compliance. Establish and/or maintain metrics, key performance indicators, and service level agreements to continually improve the performance of IT operations.
• Ensure comprehensive disaster recovery architecture is maintained and operations are in place to ensure compliance with required RPOs and RTOs during business continuity events, (emphasizing but not limited to storage area networks and redundant, highly-available server and network architectures).
• Lead an extremely talented team of managed services professionals (3rd party), infrastructure, release and deskside engineering and administration professionals who with others define, manage, and support the entire operations infrastructure for the firm.
• Motivate, organize, mentor, and manage teammates located in Atlanta, Phoenix, Oakdale and New Jersey.
o Future skill requirements
o Skill development strategies and resources
o Personnel levels based on project and operational demands
o In coordination with other senior leaders, professional and personal development for all members of the technology team
• Participate in IT strategic planning, project planning and budget planning efforts.
• Analyze technology trends and develop infrastructure strategy, architecture, and delivery processes designed for agility and cost effectiveness.
• Establish and maintain strong, strategic partnerships with vendors and service suppliers.
• Develop RFPs/RFIs, oversee product evaluations, coordinate product and service selections, and ensure that pricing, terms, and conditions for supplier contracts meet Advisor Group and IT standards and achieve optimal results for the firm.
• Coordinate projects/resources with the IT project management office (PMO). Ensure all project deliverables, budgets, and timelines are met.
• Provide well-considered counsel to the CIO, Information Technology leaders and other business service leaders on:
o Emerging infrastructure and EUC services and technologies having characteristics likely to provide benefit to the efficiency or capabilities of the firm’s infrastructure
o Opportunities to apply new technologies or other solutions to challenges facing our operations, legal practices and/or business services
o Changes or emerging risks in supplier or product status and capabilities, standards and protocols, or other industry, market, or technology factors that may influence or impact IT systems and processes
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED SKILLS
• Extensive knowledge of vendor management, data center operations, telecommunications, network engineering, data center applications, client/server computing, and production operations support. Specific technologies of note include but not limited to: Microsoft Server & Client operating system and infrastructure applications, Avaya Voice and Networking, VMware, EMC and/or NetApp Enterprise-level SANs, VBlock Server infrastructures, and multi-carrier WANs.
• Experience in related IT disciplines such as: data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, database administration and outsourced systems.
• Strong leadership and management abilities. The ability to lead cross functional project teams in implementing projects of a complex nature.
• Demonstrated critical thinking and planning at a strategic, global level. Ability to translate strategic plans into specific objectives, and to create and execute project plans to achieve objectives.
• Strong financial management skills in budgeting, forecasting, and cost control.
• A deep understanding of the interdependent relationship between infrastructure, information security and the applications/services they enable as well as the criticality of maintaining strong connections between the respective teams within IT.
• Persuasive, professional communication style. Capable of communicating complex, technical topics to a wide variety of audiences. Ability to interact with senior management and influence decision makers.
• Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities, and to redirect managers and teams toward new objectives.
• Excellent understanding of multi-disciplinary nature of IT solutions.
• Ability to see the "big picture" across such areas as private and public hosted infrastructure and services, identity management, security, telecommunications, enterprise storage and big data opportunities, end user experience, and training/education.
• Functional understanding of project management principles and their application to Infrastructure projects and teams. Formal project management expertise preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
• Must have strong organizational skills and multi-tasking capabilities and excellent written and spoken communication skills.
• Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to technology issues important.
EDUCATION, CERTIFICATIONS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
• College degree in technology related major preferred. Post graduate degree preferred.
• 10+ years of leadership experience managing and/or directing large IT operational teams preferred.
This position reports to the Chief Information Officer.
Core hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with additional hours as needed. Occasional travel required.