To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
14700 Helm Court
Plymouth, MI 48170
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Supply Chain Program Manager
TREMEC • Plymouth, MI
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Torque Transfer Solutions®
Supply Chain Program Manager
The Supply Chain Program Manager will lead the supply base support of new product development programs from commercial award through PPAP and production start, ensuring suppliers’ on-time delivery of all required commercial, quality, technical and manufacturing items in-line with the program requirements. Reporting to the Program Manager, he/she will coordinate with purchasing and the program team to coordinate the supply base to achieve the overall program deliverables and meet TREMEC and Customer requirements and contract compliance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Provide clear direction to suppliers on program milestones and required APQP deliverables aligned to project milestones.
● Serve as primary contact between the supplier and TREMEC after sourcing award– facilitate effective, efficient communication channels.
● Engage supplier quality engineering, operations and other functions as needed to ensure objectives are met.
● Provide feedback to Purchasing on supplier capabilities, support commercial negotiations as necessary.
● Develop, with the supplier, a detailed program timing plan and track progress.
● Report regularly on status, identify issues and areas of risk, mitigate or elevate as necessary.
● Resolve issues with supplier program execution – assist with communication between the supplier and TREMEC.
● Control/manage changes (TREMEC and supplier driven).
● Work with Functional Managers to resolve conflicts at the appropriate levels of the organization.
● Identify areas for cost improvement and work jointly with TREMEC and the supplier to realize savings.
● Support and manage customer (OEM) interaction with suppliers as necessary.
● Active member of the TREMEC program team – participate in regular program reviews, update documentation and deliverables, communicate across all functions.
● Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related technical degree is required.
● Master’s Degree in Technical or Management discipline or MBA is preferred.
● Minimum of 5 years’ experience in automotive industry (OEM or supplier).
● Experience in program management required.
● Automotive driveline/transmission experience preferred.
● PMP Certification preferred.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
● Excellent interpersonal skills to work and communicate with people at all levels within and outside TREMEC in a professional manner with strong leadership skills.
● Excellent problem solving skills, including ability to identify and resolve issues and challenges.
● Understand the importance of seeking improvements in Cost, Quality, and Delivery performance in supplier selection and contracting.
● Highly collaborative and team-oriented approach to work to align around common goals the cross functional team.
● Strong stakeholder, management, and program management skills.
● Must have an understanding of technical specifications and processes related to vehicles and powertrain technology as well as automotive customer practices, including APQP requirements.
● Familiarization with major automotive OEM product development processes.
● Hands-on approach and willingness to take on actions beyond the definition of the role.
● Can work effectively with minimal direct supervision.
● Strong personal computer skills including experience with MS Office, SAP, and Microsoft Project.
● Understanding of ISO/TS 16949 or QS-9000 Quality Specifications, AIAG APQP and PPAP standards, basic quality tools.
● 30-50% travel (domestic and international) to support suppliers and internal teams.
● Ability to work non-traditional business hours to support local and international locations.
Note: Functional responsibilities subject to change through time.