To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta (Sandy Springs), GA
- BSM Consulting
- Phone: No calls or emails, please.
Sorry, we cannot save this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Thomas Eye Group • Atlanta (Sandy Springs), GA
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
About the Position
Thomas Eye Group seeks an Executive Director who will work closely with our physician leadership team to assist in leading our practice into the future. The successful candidate will have:
- A high degree of experience in leading and managing the operations of large medical groups.
- An ability to analyze complex issues, develop creative solutions, employ consensus building skills, and form effective working relationships with our highly engaged board and management team.
- A strong financial background including budgeting, financial analysis, and feasibility studies, as well as transactional work including mergers and acquisitions.
- The ability to facilitate and lead an effective strategic planning process. This will require a disciplined and focused attention to improving overall efficiency without compromising the quality and integrity of patient care.
- Knowledge of current health care compliance reporting, including MIPS, PQRS, and MU.
- Experience in ophthalmology and ambulatory surgical centers (highly desirable).
The practice has partnered with BSM Consulting (www.bsmconsulting.com) to conduct the application process.
To submit your CONFIDENTIAL cover letter and resume, please visit the BSM Career Center at:
About the Practice
Founded in 1974, Thomas Eye Group (www.thomaseye.com) serves the greater Atlanta community by providing eye care services to patients ranging in age from infants to seniors. Thomas Eye Group is a full service eye care provider with seven offices in Georgia providing routine eye exams, glasses, contact lenses, LASIK, as well as medical, surgical and cosmetic services. The locations include Hillandale, Lilburn, Newnan, Roswell, Sandy Springs, Suwanee, and Woodstock. Led by Dr. Paul Kaufman, the practice offers a high functioning and collaborative work environment. In fact, Thomas Eye Group was selected as a “Top 150 Workplace" in both 2015 and 2016 by The Atlanta Journal – Constitution, and has been awarded the Consumer’s Choice Award for 10 consecutive years.
About the Area
With a population of over 5 million people, the Atlanta metropolitan area is steeped in American history, modern culture, and cosmopolitan lifestyle. As a national center for the arts, Atlanta is home to such permanent, professional, resident companies as the Atlanta Opera, the Atlanta Ballet, and the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. From the Atlanta Cyclorama & Civil War Museum, to the largest indoor aquarium in the world, the city has much to offer in terms of entertainment attractions for the whole family. Sports enthusiasts enjoy that the city offers a MLB team (Atlanta Braves), NBA team (Atlanta Hawks), and NFL team (Atlanta Falcons). With only 43 freezing days a year, golf enthusiasts can enjoy many months on the course, as well as the final PGA Tour event of the season, which is played annually at East Lake Golf Club. Due to the more than 30 colleges and universities in Atlanta, it is considered a center for higher education. Served by over 110 public, charter, and private schools, Atlanta is a great place to raise a family.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Thomas Eye Group is an equal employment opportunity employer and complies with all applicable laws relating to discrimination against qualified applicants or employees in hiring or in any decision affecting job status, pay, or any other terms and conditions of employment based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, age, or other applicable protected classes.
- A minimum of 10 years of management experience in a senior leadership role within a health care organization.
- A bachelor’s degree in health, business administration, or a related field required.
- An advanced degree in accounting, finance, medical administration, business administration, or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, and leadership technique.
- Extensive managerial experience including proven success in building and leading a high performing, multi-disciplinary team.
- A working knowledge of standard accounting and finance principles, as well as experience in developing and managing an operating and capital budget.
- Experience with a fully-integrated medical office software package, including electronic medical records and practice management system.
- Experience in negotiating general business, real estate, and managed care contracts.
- Working knowledge of all relevant aspects of health care legislation, including but not limited to MIPS, PQRS, and MU.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that would provide the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for the successful performance of the job’s essential responsibilities.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
- High degree of emotional intelligence, initiative, judgment, and discretion.
- Analyze complex issues, develop creative solutions, and resolve difficult problems.
- Identify and develop business opportunities for the practice.
- Establish, maintain, and manage effective working relationships and handle delicate political situations with staff and physicians.
- Integrate current and future aspects of the practice divisions into the daily operations and strategic vision of the business, including but not limited to the real estate, clinical practice, ASC, optical dispensary, and business office.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with industry leaders, referring doctors and business colleagues.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate organization skills with attention to detail.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Effectively communicate to individuals and groups, in writing and orally, with clarity and tact.
- Professional appearance and demeanor to effectively represent the practice in the business community.
Ophthalmology Executive, Medical Executive, Executive Director, Ophthalmology Executive Director, Medical Executive Director, Chief Executive Officer, CEO, Chief Operations Officer, COO, Chief Financial Officer, CFO, Practice Administrator, Medical Management, Senior Healthcare Leader, Medical Management Group Association, MGMA, Healthcare Executive