Bombardier is the world’s only manufacturer of both planes and trains. Looking far ahead while delivering now, Bombardier is evolving mobility worldwide and making it easier for people to connect with one another.
However people choose to travel, they’ll find a Bombardier product ready to transport them. Our vast offering of products includes high speed trains, public transit that’s smarter than ever, category-defining business jets and commercial aircraft designed for the realities of today.
Bombardier answers the call for more efficient, sustainable and enjoyable transportation everywhere. Our vehicles, services and, most of all, our employees are what make us a global leader in transportation. We partner with customers, local organizations and all stakeholders to help build communities and improve quality of life wherever we do business.
Bombardier is present in more than 60 countries, with 76 production and engineering sites among them. Our 70,000 employees push mobility forward by creating aerospace and rail transportation products adapted for the travellers of today and tomorrow.
Bombardier is headquartered in Montréal, Canada. Our shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (BBD), and we are listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability World and North America indexes. In the fiscal year ended December 31, 2011, we posted revenues of $18.3 billion USD.
With more than 33,600 employees and a leadership position in global markets, Bombardier Aerospace designs, manufactures and supports innovative aviation products for the business, commercial, specialized and amphibious aircraft markets. We have the most comprehensive aircraft portfolio and we hold the number one position in business and regional aircraft. Our high-performance aircraft and services set the standard of excellence in several markets, including:
- Business aircraft - Learjet, Challenger and Global aircraft families
- Commercial aircraft - new CSeries program, CRJ Series and Q-Series aircraft families
- Amphibious aircraft - Bombardier 415 and Bombardier 415 MP aircraft
- Jet travel solutions - Flexjet
- Specialized aircraft solutions - Bombardier aircraft modified for special missions
- Aircraft services and training - aircraft parts, maintenance, comprehensive training, technical support and publications, and online services
With 62 production and engineering sites in 25 countries and more than 40 service centres at customer premises across the world, Bombardier Transportation is the global leader in the rail industry. We cover the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from complete trains to sub-systems, maintenance services, system integration and signalling. Our installed base of rolling stock exceeds 100,000 rail cars and locomotives worldwide. Our 36,200 employees continue a proud tradition of delivering ingenious rail transportation solutions, including:
- Rail vehicles - automated people movers, monorails, light rail vehicles, advanced rapid transit, metros, commuter/regional trains, intercity/high-speed trains and locomotives
- Propulsion and controls - complete product portfolio for applications ranging from trolley buses to freight locomotives
- Bogies - product portfolio for the entire range of rail vehicles
- Services - fleet maintenance, operations and maintenance (O&M), vehicle refurbishment and modernization, and material management
- Transportation systems - customized “design-build-operate-maintain” transportation system solutions
- Rail control solutions - advanced signalling solutions for mass transit and mainline systems