Become an Independent Operator
Independent Operators are business owners who are contracted to sell Snyder’s-Lance leading snack brands to their customers.
All Qualified Business Owners:
- Must be or become a legal business entity
- Meet Prequalification Requirements
Qualified sales professionals with a proven track record of route sales or grocery experience will be given first consideration. Owning a step-side truck or trailer is preferred.
- The opportunity to service and sell in a protected territory.
- Existing routes with established accounts;
- Rights to distribute products in a protected geographical area;
- Freedom to develop new accounts and expand your business;
- Unlimited sales potential; and
- Independent work
Are you praised for your entrepreneurial spirit, excellent sales, communication skills, and drive to succeed? Then perhaps being an Independent Operator for Snyder’s-Lance is what you are looking for! Your mission is selling, servicing and building high quality relationships with your customers. Past work in grocery, food, distribution, route sales, outside sales, sales and marketing, insurance sales, or as an account manager, store manager, and/or past business owner/entrepreneur can aid in your success. Snyder’s-Lance offers you freedom as business owner, orientation to products and processes, presales support, and leading quality snack products. Here’s what else you can expect:
ADVANTAGES of being an Independent Operator:
Your success means our success. We offer you a wealth of reasons to say “Yes!” to business ownership today. Here are just some of the rewards of becoming an Independent Operator for Snyder’s-Lance:
- Generate weekly margins on Flagship products, Lance crackers, Cape Cod Potato Chips® , Krunchers!™ Kettle Chips, O-KE-DOKE™ popcorn, Jays™ Potato Chips, and Snyder’s Pretzels
- Snyder’s-Lance products.
- No set schedule offering flexibility to work the days and hours that work best for you
- Pre-sales support of promotions, products by account team and district sales manager
- No display, merchandising or promotional material costs – free to you to drive sales
- Exclusive, protected distribution territory to service and expand.
- An independent distributorship, NOT a franchise, where you decide how to best manage your business
- Trusted business partners available to provide information on vehicle, medical, dental, and vision insurance and financing support
- Sales and marketing, and product support offered through your dedicated district sales manager, territory manager, account team, support line and website
- Route relief available to take time off to attend to personal and/or family needs along with many other fantastic advantages!
What do our Independent Operators have to say?
“I enjoy building relationships with people; the store managers are great to work with.” “I really love that the company supports us with pre-selling products and promotions – it positively impacts my business’ sales for weeks and months to come!” “The freedom and flexibility is very rewarding – I choose which products I want to sell. In many cases, it’s those generating the highest margins.”
Freedom of business ownership awaits.
*Establishing a business entity has various tax, accounting, financial, legal, operational and other considerations. The amount indicated here is simply an estimate and in no way guarantees that one would not exceed this cost as individual circumstances vary.
**Unique purchase prices vary per unique route and territory.
How it Works
After responding to the ad, qualified business owners will be called to have a conversation regarding the opportunity. Should there be mutual interest, a meeting will be held between the candidate and one of our local sales leaders to further discuss the opportunity and to receive all of the documents necessary to take the next step in becoming an independent operator.
Snyder’s-Lance, Inc., headquartered in Charlotte, NC, manufactures and markets snack foods throughout the United States and internationally. The Company’s products include pretzels, sandwich crackers, potato chips, cookies, tortilla chips, restaurant style crackers, nuts and other snacks. Snyder’s-Lance has manufacturing facilities in North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Iowa, Indiana, Georgia, Arizona, Massachusetts, Texas, Florida, Ohio, and Ontario, Canada. Products are sold under the Snyder’s of Hanover, Lance, Cape Cod, Krunchers!, Tom’s, Archway, Jays, Stella D’oro, O-Ke-Doke, and Grande brand names along with a number of private label and third party brands. Products are distributed nationally through grocery and mass merchandisers, convenience stores, club stores, food service outlets and other channels. The Company Snyder’s-Lance Inc. was formed by bringing the best of two companies together in Snyder’s of Hanover and Lance Inc. in December 2010.