Public Headquartered in The Woodlands, TX 517 Active Jobs
Waste Connections is an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly secondary markets in the Western and Southern U.S. The Company serves more than two million residential, commercial and industrial customers from a network of operations in 31 states. We also provide intermodal services for the movement of containers in the Pacific Northwest. Our corporate strategy targets secondary and suburban markets that have strong demographic growth trends and where competitive barriers to entry can be developed. We seek to avoid highly competitive, large urban markets and target markets where we can provide either non-integrated or integrated solid waste services under exclusive arrangements, or markets where we can be integrated and attain high market share. We are a leading provider of solid waste services in most of our markets, and approximately 50% of our revenues are derived from market areas where we have franchise or exclusive rights to provide our waste services. We believe the solid waste service business is a local business managed by professionals living and working in the communities we serve. We strive to provide service excellence for those communities that place their trust in our company and are always dedicated to putting our customers first. We look to technology and growth to help our customers, employees and shareholders "Connect with the Future". As a public company we have the resources to meet every customer's needs in a cost effective and environmentally compatible manner. We understand the markets, the philosophy and the unique needs of the customers we serve whether they be industry, commercial accounts, municipal jurisdictions or individual subscribers.
Not ready to Apply?
Not ready to Apply?
Benefits401k Profit Sharing Plan Employees are eligible to participate in the 401k plan during the next open enrollment period (June and December) following one year of employment and completion of 1,000 working hours. Employees may contribute up to $15,000 for 2006. For the 2006 Plan year, Waste Connections, Inc. will make a matching contribution of 50% up to the first 5% of pay that an employee contributes.
Medical Medical plans are dependent upon location. These plans are extended to employees and their eligible dependents on the first of the month following 90 days of employment. If a medical plan is extended by Waste Connections, Inc., it is specific to each individual marketplace. Employees are charged through a payroll deduction for either single or a family program. The payroll deduction in not standardized, but rather specific to each marketplace.
- Preferred Plan This plan includes preferred provider benefits for medical expenses through a Preferred Provider Organization, Blue Cross. This plan does not require election of a Primary Care Physician, nor does the plan require that the patient obtain referrals for specialist care. When a Preferred Provider is used, benefits are paid at 80% after satisfaction of a Plan Year (June to June) Deductible. When a non-Preferred Provider is used, benefits are paid at 60% after satisfaction of the Plan Year Deductible. The Plan Year Deductible is $500 per individual, $1,000 single-plus-one, and $1250 per family. The Plan Year Stop Loss Provision is $10,000 per individual.
- Prescription Drugs This plan is extended to eligible employees and their eligible dependents. Waste Connectionc, Inc. has contracted with Wellpoint Pharmacy (a subsidiary of Blue Cross) to process claims for prescription drugs. When prescription drugs are provided by a participating wellpoint pharmacy, an employee may obtain up to a 30 day supply and will be required to pay a $10 copayment for generic prescriptions, a $30 copayment for source prescriptions, or a $30 copayment, plus the difference in cost between the brand name and the generic equivalent, for each brand name prescription. Waste Connections, Inc, has also contracted with Precision Rx for mail order pharmacy service. This program is available for "Maintenance Drugs". An employee may obtain a 90 day supply and will be required to pay only a $20 copayment for generic prescriptions, a $60 copayment for source prescriptions, or a $60 copayment, plus the difference in cost between the brand name and the generic equivalent, for each brand name prescription.
- Dental This plan is extended to eligible employees and their eligible dependents. This plan does not utilize a network of Preferred Providers. Employees may use the services of a licensed dentist, denturist or oral surgeon of their choice. Preventive care and diagnostic services are paid at 100%. Restorative services are paid at 80%. Major services are paid at 50%. There is an annual deductible of $50 per year, per individual, covered on this plan, and the maximum annual benefit per covered individual is $1000.
- Vision This plan is extended to eligible employees and their dependents. This plan does not utilize a network or preferred providers. Employees may use the services of a licensed ophthalmologist, optometrist or optician of their choice. Vision examinations are covered at 100% once in every 24 month period. A $250 allowance is provided to purchases lenses, frames and/or contact lenses once every 24 month period.
- Life Insurance/Accidental Death and Dismemberment Employees who have enrolled for health benefits, will be provided with coverage equal to 1.5 times their annual salary, up to a $50,000 maximum. Employees have an option to purchase additional life insurance for themselves and their dependents.
- Long-Term Disability Employees, who have enrolled for health benefits will be provided with coverage equal to 50% of their monthly salary, up to $2500 per month. This coverage begins after 90 days of being disabled. employees have an option to purchase additional long-term disability insurance for themselves.
Our HistoryThe company was founded in 1997 by a dedicated group of industry professionals with over 50 years of industry experience through the purchase of five operations in Washington and Idaho from Browning-Ferris Industries. The company rapidly expanded into the California market in early 1998 and now has operations throughout 23 states located primarily in the Western and Southern United States.
Waste Connections went public in May of 1998 and is traded on the NYSE exchange under the symbol WCN.
CareersAs a rapidly growing company, Waste Connections, Inc. has many opportunities for qualified and motivated individuals who want to be part of a dynamic organization. We provide competitive benefits and lots of room for individual growth as the company expands. Because we operate with a highly decentralized structure, we look for individuals who are energetic and have individual initiative and creativity. Join us and be a part of a winning team!
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Waste Connections Inc.
Waste Connections Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, you may use the alternative email address below to contact us about your interest in employment at Waste Connections Inc.:
VisionStatement of Operating Values
Safety. We strive to assure complete safety of our employees, our customers and the public in all of our operations. Protection from accident or injury is paramount in all we do.
- Integrity. We define integrity as “saying what you will do and then doing it.” We keep our promises to our customers, our employees and our stockholders. Do the right thing, at the right time, for the right reason.
- Customer Service. We provide our customers the best possible service in a courteous, effective manner, showing respect for those we are fortunate to serve.
- To be a Great Place To Work. We maintain a growth culture where our employees can maximize their potential personally and professionally. Our objective is to provide an environment where people enjoy what they do and take pride in their work. We wish to embody a work hard, play harder culture.
- To be the Premier Solid Waste Services Company in the U.S. We continue to provide superior returns, remain environmentally responsible, and continue to grow in a disciplined way, deploying resources intelligently and benefiting communities we live in. We remain a “different breed”.
Vision of the Future
Our goal is to create an environment where self directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfill our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees, always relying on our Operating Values as the foundation for our existence.