Visteon is a global technology company that designs, engineers and manufactures innovative cockpit electronics products and connected car solutions for most of the world’s major vehicle manufacturers. Visteon is a leading provider of driver information and controls, audio and infotainment, and domain controllers; its brands include LightScape®, OpenAir® and SmartCore™. With corporate offices in Van Buren Township, Michigan, (U.S.); Shanghai, China; and Chelmsford, UK; Visteon has more than 12,000 employees at 50 facilities in 21 countries. Visteon had sales of $7.51 billion in 2014. Learn more at www.visteon.com.
Visteon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
VisionWe aspire to be the best in the world at partnering with our customers to provide innovative, high-quality products that deliver exceptional value.
Bonding & Lens Manufacturability Subsystem Lead Engineer – VAN BUREN TWP., MICHIGAN
Primary ResponsibilitiesLead the support activities to develop decorative panels and manufacturing processes to interface them to displays, working directly with Global Mechanical Architect, and Advanced Manufacturing Teams.
The Lead Engineer will support growth of our electronics business by accomplishing the following:
- Lead the collaboration between core engineering development team and the manufacturing process development team to develop decorative lenses and optical bonding methods for display and other related products
- Work with suppliers of decorative display related components and materials to support core development teams and manufacturing process development teams.
- Support forward model product development teams piloting new decorative lens products and those building technology demonstration hardware
- Study cross-program requirements and customer needs in support of the ongoing bonding development manufacturing plans.
- Support the new business development teams quoting decorative lens related products
- Review customer requirements associated decorative lenses and display interfaces for new business pursuits and support the development of mechanical architectures as needed by the center stack Global Mechanical Architect
- Coordination and support of manufacturing studies and test builds aimed at the latest decorative panel concepts bonded with a display
- Coordination and support of manufacturing studies and test builds aimed at the decorative panels with an integrated touch sensing element
- Work with industrial designers and computer aided designers to create lens concepts
- Support global alignment Technology Office, Advanced Manufacturing teams
- Develop and support as appropriate “next-up” development activities plan related to center display products
- Assist the Center Stack Technology Development Manager develop and maintain budget of the bonding and lens manufacturability subsystem and other budget support as needed
- Develop and manage development activities to timing plan
RequirementsYears of Experience: 2 years or more work experience in mechanical / decorative component engineering or applicable manufacturing activity
Degree Strongly Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Desired Competencies / Experience
- Experience leading projects, teams, and working within a structured plan
- Experience in design of decorative plastics components
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to enable interactions with people multiple countries and cultures
- Knowledge of injection moulding and / or display product assembly
- MCAD file manipulation
- Experience managing suppliers.
- Ability to understand mechanical and optical interfaces
- Experience with typical office software packages