In 1993, University Hospitals developed a new vision, a new strategy and a new model for healthcare delivery. This new vision called for University Hospitals to better meet the healthcare needs of a significant portion of northeast Ohio through geographic expansion and an increase in the types of services we offer.
In the process University Hospitals was transformed from a traditional, single-site academic medical center into broad-based University Hospitals:
- To complement our nationally prominent services in tertiary medicine, we added prevention, primary care and early screening.
- To strengthen our clinical capabilities, we expanded our established areas of excellence and developed new areas at University Hospitals.
- To improve access, we forged new hospital partnerships, developed the region’s largest primary care physician network, and increased the number and size of cost-effective outpatient centers.
- To enhance care in the communities served by our new partners in University Hospitals, we opened satellites of some of our centers of excellence, initially for cancer care, cardiac care, pediatrics and women’s health.
- To make quality care affordable, we redesigned the way we deliver much of our care, reducing inefficiencies and redundancies.
Career OpportunitiesMore than 24,000 employees, including physicians, nurses, allied health professionals and support staff, call the University Hospitals system home. This makes us Northeast Ohio's second largest private sector employer.
What makes us second to none is the volume, variety and quality of opportunities you'll find here. A career with University Hospitals offers you the chance to Be the Difference in such diverse areas as:
- Advanced Practice Professionals
- Allied Health
- Home Care Services
- Clinical Care Support
- Professional Services
- Student Opportunities
Our VisionWe will lead our industry in developing and delivering the next generation of consumer-driven health care.
Superior Quality. We will pursue breakthrough medical advancements and practices to deliver superior clinical outcomes.
Personalized Experience. Our care will focus on our patients as individuals. We will provide every patient an experience customized to their medical, emotional, social, and spiritual needs.