With the Central Office in the heart of downtown Kansas City, the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) places a premium on creativity and innovation. The NAIC supports insurance regulators in every state, who work to educate, protect and assist insurance consumers with issues ranging from disasters to day-to-day questions. Our employees get the chance to support and develop the latest technological programs in an energized environment.
Insurance may be complicated, but our employee culture is pretty simple. “Work hard, play hard” exemplifies our commitment to a work-life balance. We keep it casual with Jeans Day every day in KC. We believe in rewarding staff with bright, shiny objects as well as treats, games and prizes to show our appreciation for their hard work. And you can say goodbye to a five day work week with our flex schedules.
At the NAIC, location really is everything - from our centrality in the metro area to the conveniences of our vibrant downtown building, with great restaurants and shopping right outside our doors. We pride ourselves on our long-term investment in our employees and support them in all phases of their life, from continuing education and tuition reimbursement opportunities to our infants in the workplace program. We also make charity a company-wide offering through our Volunteer Resource Team (VRT). The VRT sponsors fundraisers, charitable events and community service opportunities thorughout the year and has raised thousands of dollars for local and national charities.
Ready to start your job search? Please visit our Careers webpage!
The mission of the NAIC is to assist state insurance regulators, individually and collectively, in serving the public interest and achieving the following fundamental insurance regulatory goals in a responsive, efficient and cost effective manner, consistent with the wishes of its members:
· Protect the public interest;
· Promote competitive markets;
· Facilitate the fair and equitable treatment of insurance consumers;
· Promote the reliability, solvency and financial solidity of insurance institutions; and
· Support and improve state regulation of insurance.
· Defined contribution retirement savings plan with company matching
· Pretax contribution plan for medical, childcare and transportation expenses
· Paid, covered parking in downtown
· Interest Free Personal Computer Purchase Loan
· Interest Free Emergency Financial Assistance Loan
· Choice of health insurance plans to fit your individual needs
· Dental and vision coverage
· Long-term disability coverage
· AD&D coverage
· Two - Four Weeks Paid Vacation (based on job classification and length of service)
· Paid Sick Leave
· Eight paid holidays plus three floating holidays per year
· Jury Duty
· Bereavement Leave
· Parental Leave
Why to work at the NAIC?