Founded in 1972 through the assistance of a Ford Foundation grant, ICMA-RC’s mission is to help building retirement security for public employees. It all began when the International City/County Management Association (ICMA) had the vision to create an organization dedicated to the retirement needs of public sector employees, and thus ICMA-RC was formed. ICMA-RC was founded to provide portable retirement benefits for city and county managers, enabling accumulated retirement assets to be transferred between employers. Today, ICMA-RC serves more than a million participant accounts and about 9,000 plans across the country.
Watch our video, “Serving the Public Sector Since 1972,” to hear more about ICMA-RC’s strong legacy and what our clients are saying about us.
BenefitsPay for Performance
- Excellent Starting Salaries
- Annual Performance Reviews
- Bonus Opportunities including:
- ICMA-RC Team Bonus Program: Corporate-wide bonus program
- Annual President's High Achievement Award: Annual bonus program that recognizes our strongest performers.
- Talent Scout Award Program: Bonus program rewarding new employee referrals.
- Health: Up to three health plan options including coverage for services received from inside and outside network providers. Coverage starts on the date of hire.
- Vision: Preventive vision benefits for eye exams, contacts and eyeglasses effective from date of hire.
- Prescription Benefit: Both a prescription drug card and a mail-order prescription program.
- Dental: Two dental options, including a cost-saving managed dental plan.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Counseling for employees and their families.
- Corporate contribution of 8% of salary and bonus
- 100% match of employee contributions up to 2% of salary
- Term Life Insurance: AD&D and Spouse and Dependent Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement Program (TRP) for those working toward a degree related to business goals
- Mentor Advisory Program (MAP) providing mentors to new employees
- Professional Development Program (PDP) providing resources for continuing on-the-job training
- Reimbursement Accounts for your health care and dependent care expenses
- Commuting Subsidies
- Fitness facility at our Washington, DC corporate office
- Voluntary Membership in a Credit Union
If you are enthusiastic about the public sector, customer service, and seek a team environment where everyone's ideas are valued, we want to meet you. When you work at ICMA-RC, you're working for our clients' future by helping public sector employees build a secure retirement and helping their employers offer the best retirement plans available. In return, you'll work for a forward-thinking organization where your voice is heard. Whether working directly with clients or "behind the scenes," our associates do it all: develop new products, expand investment options, and enhance the way quality services, news, and information are delivered.
ICMA-RC associates receive a competitive and performance-based compensation package that includes bonus opportunities. Plus, our comprehensive benefits package is very competitive for the financial services industry including a 401(k) plan. Learn about current Career Opportunities in our Washington, D.C. headquarters and our regional offices throughout the United States. Join a dynamic team that encourages growth, diversity, opportunity and excellence. ICMA-RC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
VisionFinding retirement plan solutions for public sector employees and employers has been the core mission of the ICMA Retirement Corporation since 1972. ICMA-RC is an independent corporation created to manage and administer plans exclusively for the benefit of public sector employers and employees.
CultureOur commitment to the public sector has never wavered and never will.
ProductsThe ICMA Retirement Corporation (ICMA-RC) has focused entirely on the unique retirement needs of public sector employees since 1972. We manage and administer more than $18 billion in assets for more than 6,700 government employers. Over 630,000 investors can choose from a full spectrum of investment funds, retirement plans, and other financial products and services.
A Tax Benefit for Your Future
As a public employee, you have a unique opportunity to supplement your retirement income. If your employer provides a 401 or 457 retirement plan, you can invest through automatic payroll deductions. In a Section 457 deferred compensation plan and in many 401 defined contribution plans, you may save pre-tax dollars. Pre-tax contributions are funds contributed before federal, and in most cases state and local, income taxes are withheld. Your contributions and your earnings on them are not taxed while you let them grow since they are retirement savings.
For a complete overview of the ICMA Retirement Corporation’s financial products and services for the public sector, please read our guide to Financial Solutions for Public Employees or contact an ICMA-RC representative in your area.