Forest City Inc., a $11.4 billion* publicly traded real estate company, is principally engaged in the ownership, development, acquisition and management of commercial and residential real estate throughout the United States. A NYSE-listed real estate company (NYSE: FCEA and FCEB), based in Cleveland, Ohio, its portfolio includes interests in retail centers, apartment communities, office buildings and hotels throughout the United States. Established in 1920, Forest City operates under three strategic business units: Commercial, Residential and Land Development. It is committed to building superior, long-term value through a consistent strategic focus on projects in markets with high-growth potential and challenging barriers to entry. In addition, the Company has recently established an office and leadership presence in London, through which it is exploring a variety of potential international opportunities. The company offers:
- The credentials to pursue and win unique real estate development opportunities.
- The resources to successfully complete even the most complex mixed-use projects.
- A long-term commitment to invest in its core, high-value properties.
- A focus on urban and suburban growth markets where it enjoys distinct, competitive advantages.
- An experienced management team that includes three generations of the Ratner/Miller/Shafran families.
- An unyielding entrepreneurial spirit, which keeps the development pipeline full of exciting, high-growth opportunities.
- A dedication to strategically balancing environmental resources, economic objectives and social systems.
* (as of 01/31/09)
Forest City is a national owner and developer of real estate, committed to building superior, long-term value for its shareholders and customers. We accomplish this through the operation, acquisition and development of commercial, rental housing and land development projects. We operate by developing meaningful relationships and leveraging our entrepreneurial capabilities with creative talent in a fully integrated real estate organization.
Our associates are experts at identifying opportunities, assembling the right mix of resources, implementing our plans and delivering results. Each is empowered to be an entrepreneur in his or her area of expertise and to seek out new opportunities for professional growth. We have a passion for real estate and a vision of what we want to accomplish. Use the buttons above to access detailed information about our board members, executive management team and the people within our strategic business units.
Forest City’s Core Values define the common beliefs and management philosophy shared throughout all levels of the organization. These Core Values are a critical component of Forest City’s institutional fabric, serving as a guide for how business is conducted and relationships are built with our customers, throughout our communities and with our associates, everyday and long into the future. Forest City’s Core Values – which constitute the “roots” of the organization, include:
- Community Involvement
- Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Value Orientation
- Performance Ethic
- Integrity and Openness