Private Education - Teaching - Administration 51 - 200 Employees 8 Active Jobs
In August of 1998, Arthur and Belinda Keiser purchased American Flyers College (American Flyers, Inc. now Everglades University). In the fall of 1999, the College's name was changed to Everglades College and it was relocated to Fort Lauderdale, FL. In January of 2000, the Keisers created Everglades College, Inc. which was incorporated as a not-for-profit corporation in the State of Florida.
In August of 2002, the US Department of the Internal Revenue Service recognized Everglades College, Inc. as a not-for-profit 501 (c) (3) corporation and Everglades College, Inc. became independently operated by a Board of Trustees. On September 1, 2002, Dr. Arthur Keiser donated the value of the stock of American Flyers, Inc. to the corporation (Everglades College, Inc.).
In September 1990, American Flyers College (now Everglades University) was founded in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. American Flyers College became a nationally accredited college under the standards of the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT) and was licensed by the Florida State Board of Independent Colleges and Universities (SBICU) to award Associate of Science Degrees.
In 1997, American Flyers College moved to the Pompano Air Park to better serve its student body. Later in 2000, to better serve the needs of the community, Everglades College added Bachelor of Science Degrees with majors in Business Administration, Information Technology, Applied Management, Aviation Management, and Professional Aviation.
In the fall of 2002, Everglades College became one of the first colleges in the country to offer a Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Alternative Medicine.
In January 2003, the State of Florida, Department of Education, Commission for Independent Education granted approval to open the Sarasota Branch Campus of Everglades College. In May of 2003, Everglades College received approval to offer Master's Degrees in Business Administration, Information Technology, and Aviation Science. In December of 2003, Everglades College officially changed its name to Everglades University and also received approval to offer a Bachelor of Science Degree in Aviation Technology.
In April 2004, the Main Campus of Everglades University relocated to Boca Raton, Florida. In August 2004, the State of Florida, Department of Education, Commission for Independent Education granted approval to open the Orlando Branch Campus of Everglades University.
In August of 2005, Everglades University added the Bachelor of Science Degree with a major in Construction Management.
BenefitsIs Everglades University affordable? Yes, in most cases, prospective students are able to afford Everglades University. The Financial Services Department provides assistance to those students who qualify for financial aid in order to pay for tuition expenses. Does Everglades University accept transfer credits? Yes, transferability of credits is determined by matching comparable courses. Everglades University participates in the Florida's Statewide Course Numbering System. Can a full-time working student attend Everglades University? Yes, our convenient schedules were created to help make it possible for a working adult to complete a degree. Our students are afforded the flexibility to take day, evening, weekend, or 100% online classes. * *Please contact the campus of your choice for class schedule availability.
Mission StatementThe mission of Everglades University is to provide quality education to adult learners of diverse backgrounds in a collaborative environment where each individual has the opportunity to achieve personal growth. The University seeks to accomplish its mission by combining small class sizes and innovative programs with traditional academic values to deliver graduate and undergraduate programs both on campus and online.
- Bachelor of Science - Major: Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Major: Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science - Major: Applied Management
- Bachelor of Science - Major: Aviation Management
- Bachelor of Science - Major: Alternative Medicine
- Bachelor of Science - Major: Aviation Technology
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- Master’s Degree in Information Technology
- Master’s Degree in Aviation Science
MembershipsEverglades University holds membership in:
- Florida Association of Postsecondary Schools and Colleges
- Florida Association of Bursars and Student
- Accounting Administrators
- Career College Association
- Broward Association of Career Schools
- Florida Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators
- Southeastern Association of Colleges and Employers
- National Association of Colleges and Employers
- The Greater Boca Raton Chamber of Commerce
- Fort Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- Florida Career Professionals Association
- American Library Association (ALA)
- Florida Library Association (FLA)
- Human Resource Association of Broward County
- Human Resource Association of Palm Beach County
- Society of Human Resource Management
- Associated Builders and Contractors: Florida East Coast Chapter
- Associated Builders and Contractors: Florida Gulf Coast Chapter
- Associated Builders and Contractors: Central Florida Chapter
- Orlando Chamber of Commerce
- Sarasota Chamber of Commerce
- Manatee Chamber of Commerce
- Sarasota Committee for Economic Development
- SEFLIN Associate Member
- Association of Colleges and Research Libraries (ACRL)
- Broward County Chamber of Commerce
- Tampa Bay Library Consortium (TBLC)
- Central Florida Library Cooperative (CFLC)