Warehouse Assistant :: Dulles, VA
Thank you for your interest in a career with gategroup, parent company to Gate Gourmet and 10 other brands.
If you have the drive to take ownership of initiatives, apply a results-oriented approach to your work, and love the idea of working for a global company that offers self starters the potential to develop a promising career path, you're at the right place!
Our employees have a real passion to perform, with access to opportunities in challenging roles across the United States, Europe, Asia & the Pacific and Latin America. Discover the Difference You Can Make at Gate Gourmet.
See our video here
View all jobs at Gate Gourmet.
Learn more about Gate Gourmet.
Gate Gourmet, Inc., a gategroup company, is the world's largest independent provider of airline catering and provisioning services for airlines and railroads. We have more than six decades of experience in providing tasty, nutritious, and affordable meals for travelers. We serve more than 200 million meals a year to our 270-plus customers at some 120 airport locations around the globe.
We are currently looking for a Warehouse Assistant for our flight kitchen located at Washington-Dulles International Airport in Dulles, Virginia. Reporting directly to the Unit Director of Materials Management, the Warehouse Assistant is responsible for inventory levels in the unit, communicating inventories to the customers, ordering customers' equipment as may be necessary, and coordinating all deliveries to ensure on time delivery for daily needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains accurate inventory.
- Responsible for reporting inventories per customer specifications.
- Responsible for meeting customer deadlines for inventory/shipping reporting.
- Responsible for checking the completeness and accuracy of job performance.
- Acts as the point of contact with production for the Buyer relating issues and suggestions for resolution.
- Maintains equipment area according to unit policies.
- Responsible for locking dock doors when not in use.
- Ensures all security procedures are enforced.
- Ensures that all products are properly stored before the end of the shift.
- Works with management staff to improve performance of the unit.
- Prepares administrative reports as required.
- Responsible for safety, quality and compliance to customer specifications.
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
- A minimum of one year warehouse experience, scheduling and financial acumen.
- In-flight catering experience is highly desired, or experience in a high-volume food service industry.
- Experience with menu design a plus.
- Current or previous labor relations experience is a plus.
- Must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks without losing priority.
- Candidate must be comfortable with all levels of employees and have the ability to drive positive program change.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must have excellent time management skills.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks without losing focus on priorities.
- Must have strong organizational, analytical, and communication skills.
- Must be innovative and have the ability to make changes to the operation as needed to further improve the work environment and unit performance.
- Must have basic computer skills. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products preferred.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- This position has travel of up to 10% of the time.
- In a normal production kitchen facility, there may be physical discomfort due to temperature and noise.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and move products, equipments, supplies, etc. in excess of twenty five (25) pounds.
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Thinking - information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal background check and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gate Gourmet, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.