2400 Davie Rd
Davie, FL 33317
Banking - Financial Services
BrightStar Credit Union is committed to creating a diverse work environment where everyone has an opportunity to succeed. We're dedicated to empowering the careers of our team. Our work environment is service‐oriented, fast‐paced and fun.
We are currently seeking a Teller-MSR to join our team at our Davie Branch at Bright Star Credit Union!
The primary role of this position is to make a difference in our neighbors‚ financial lives. This is accomplished by providing the highest quality of service to both internal and external members.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provide outstanding "Quality Member Service" as defined in our "Service Promises" through the knowledge and use of sales skills learned in "Becoming a Sales Champion" and measured by "Quality Loop Scores." Provide outstanding "Quality Member Service" as defined in our "Service Promises" and measured by our "Internal Service Surveys".
* Process appropriate percentage of teller transactions for the branch as defined by branch management, with a high degree of accuracy within the limits of the over/short policy. Use sales referral skills and input referrals in StarTrack.
* Process appropriate percentage of new account, account maintenance and loan production as defined by branch management, with a high degree of "Quality Assurance" accuracy within the limits of the credit union policy. Use sales skills to uncover Member needs and provide credit union solutions. Use sales closing skills and input sales in StarTrack.
* Dependability - Accomplishes workload responsibilities in a timely manner without prompting. Takes initiative to manage and communicate absence and/or leave appropriately.
* Meet or exceed ancillary product sales goals: loan protection, VSA, GAP and CUSO Financial Services referrals.
* Attitude - Demonstrates positive attitude and behavior in support of organizational goals and management. Demonstrates professionalism, an optimistic and team oriented approach to work with high integrity. Maintains a professional business image and utilizes effective communication skills when representing BrightStar Credit Union.
* Complies with Credit Union policies and procedures (including BSA/US Patriots Act, OFAC, security policy and confidentiality policy), government regulations and other policy and procedures related to position.
* Attend required training as directed by management. Proactively seek knowledge of the features and benefits of all credit union products and services.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Six months of similar or related Teller experience
* High school education or GED
* Must be proficient with 10-key calculators and keyboarding
* Must have excellent communication skills
Effective Interpersonal Skills:
A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating or influencing others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) is necessary.