Director of Nursing - (Fresno, CA)
Director of Nursing - Fresno, CA
If you're looking for an exciting opportunity to grow and develop a program from the ground up and to have an immense impact on the business, then this position is for you!!
The Director of Nursing is responsible for the design, development, consistent implementation across all campuses, and continuous evaluation and maintenance of Heald’s nursing programs and curricula, within the established faculty governance model; assuring Heald’s curriculum complies with all established regulatory requirements and is based on the latest evidence in nursing practice and education; leading nursing Program Review cycles; evaluating and assuring nursing programs’ effectiveness through SLOs development and assessment; leading nursing faculty orientation, training, and ongoing development efforts; developing and managing nursing articulation agreements and academic partnerships.
Position to start at the Fresno Campus with the opportunity to grow into the Corporate Director role over all 12 campuses.
The Director of Nursing is responsible for the following:
• Lead the development of clinical, industry, and other external relationships for determining nursing programs content and to evaluate graduate skills;
• Work in partnership with the Curriculum Development team to:
o design, develop, and implement multiple learning modalities including the use of technology and simulation to deliver instruction in nursing programs;
o evaluate and modify of the curriculum and development of new nursing degree programs, within the faculty governance model;
o design, develop, and facilitate the implementation of a system-wide approach to nursing faculty orientation, training and ongoing development;
o develop new continuing nursing education certificate programs;
• Participate in creating feasibility and self studies, progress reports and other regulatory and accrediting agencies documentation in support of new nursing programs and courses, new locations, and the modification of existing programs and courses;
• Evaluate programs and courses to ensure relevancy with respect to employer needs, content, learning modalities, and technology, based on the latest evidence in nursing practice and education;
• Propose and develop short-term training programs including vendor training, competency-based certificates, and corporate training, related to nursing;
• Provide information and training to admissions and marketing to assist in marketing the nursing programs and advising students;
• Participate in CAO Academic Affairs selected team meetings and projects;
• Assist in the design and implementation of a system to directly assess student learning in the nursing programs;
• Coordinate development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategic plans for assessment and evaluation of nursing programs;
• manage and improve ongoing data collection, analysis and process in the nursing programs for external reporting to include regulatory, institutional & program accreditation, state/federal reporting;
• Work with Institutional Effectiveness to:
o manage and improve ongoing data collection analysis reporting processes in the nursing programs for internal reporting to include academic program reviews, college fact sheet and faculty surveys;
o use established principles of measurement theory to develop valid and reliable instruments that assess student learning and development in the nursing programs;
o participate in completing statistical analyses, managing data that pertain to student outcomes and institutional goals in the nursing programs, disseminate information of assessment findings to campus and external constituencies and facilitate the use of assessment findings;
o participate in collecting, preparing and maintaining statistical data and applying appropriate quantitative and qualitative research design and statistical tools to prepare periodic reports related to enrollment, matriculation, assessment, evaluation, curriculum, student outcomes, student and staff demographical, and other related measures in the nursing programs;
• Use established survey research techniques to administer survey instruments that assess student satisfaction and evaluate nursing programs;
• Perform formative and summative assessments as part of the annual instructional and student services nursing programs review processes;
• Participate in development and ongoing review of nursing academic policies;
• Serve as the primary liaison for nursing academic partnerships and developing and maintaining nursing articulation relationships;
• Participate in national and state nursing conferences annually.
• PhD in nursing or education is required, with experience in baccalaureate nurse education.
• Master degree in nursing, or a Master degree in education plus a Bachelor degree in nursing, and 5 years of experience in baccalaureate nurse education.
• Experience in program design and curriculum development in pre-licensure RN programs is required.
• Experience in assessment research and program/institutional evaluation at the postsecondary level.
• Mastery of MS Office, including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Experience with the design, administration and analysis of surveys.
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to display data and results for effective decision making
• Ability to partner and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
• Excellent written and oral presentation skills
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
• Ability to work well independently as well as within a team, on multiple projects, within an environment that can be fast-paced.
• Knowledge of research design, scientific sampling, statistical analysis and ability to interpret data, create information, and make recommendations.
• Knowledge of program review and the evaluation of policy and practices in applied settings.
• Knowledge of computer based statistical software usage and the interpretation of findings in applied research settings.
• Ability to clearly and accurately communicate orally and in writing, complex and/or technical information to lay audiences.
• Thorough knowledge of general research methodology and standard statistical procedures of sampling, correlation analysis, projections, and other qualitative and quantitative measures applied to educational and social research.
• Ability to demonstrate effective leadership in planning, and implementation, and using research methodology in an educational setting.
Corinthian Colleges, Inc., with more than 91,000 students enrolled as of June 30, 2012, is one of the largest post-secondary education companies in North America. Our mission is to change students' lives. We offer diploma and degree programs that prepare students for careers in demand or for advancement in their chosen fields. The company operates 105 schools in 25 states and 17 schools in Canada. We have 122 Everest, Heald and WyoTech campuses.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.