Under general supervision, performs general maintenance work with moderate latitude for exercising individual knowledge and technical skill. Work involves scheduling and assigning work; requisitioning materials and supplies; estimating materials required for projects; and coordinating activities with other technicians.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Surveys assigned jobs and ensures that sufficient and proper materials and tools are on hand to complete work.
- Directs work, provides technical assistance and performs inspections of work performed by detainee maintenance staff.
- Performs preventive, corrective, and emergency maintenance.
- Operates equipment and machinery related to assigned area.
- May perform carpentry work in repairing or replacing doors, windows, walls, flooring, roofing and any other work pertaining to wood structures.
- May perform plumbing, heating and air conditioning work in repairing furnaces, duct work, air conditioners, piping, instrument controls, wash basins, toilet facilities, or any other related work requiring these skills.
- May perform electrical work in repairing and replacing fluorescent fixtures, control switches, disconnecting wiring or any other related work requiring these skills.
- May perform minor construction such as building storage bins, stockroom shelves, counters, and workbenches using precision hand tools and power tools.
- May perform mechanical work involving repair and maintenance of facility machinery, motors and vehicles.
- Maintains records of repairs.
- Assists in maintaining the security of assigned detainees.
- Performs other marginal duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- Minimum of five (5) years full-time, wage earning experience in general maintenance, construction or related area. Completion of equivalent technical or trade school course may be substituted for two years of the required vocational experience.
- Knowledge of maintenance techniques and procedures, including the ability to interpret electrical prints, diagrams, schematics and to make arithmetic calculations required.
Join GEO today for a world of opportunities and an exciting career!
Not ready to Apply?
About Geo Group
The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is a world leader of government outsourced services specializing in the delivery of correctional and detention management, medical and mental health rehabilitation services, family and youth services, and other diversified services to federal, state and local government agencies around the globe.
GEO's success around the world has been achieved by our highly-trained work force. We employ over 18,000 professionals within our facilities, regional, international, and corporate offices. Our highly skilled professionals manage approximately 80,000 beds at 116 correctional, detention and residential treatment facilities.
With operations in the United States, Australia, South Africa, and the United Kingdom; GEO offers a diversified array of turnkey services which include design, construction, financing, and operations. Our unique approach allows GEO to provide high-quality and cost-effective services with state-of-the-art designs, innovative programs and ground-breaking treatment approaches.
Equal Opportunity Employer
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Read what employees have to say about working at Geo Group:
"My career at GEO began in January 1995. I am a 17-year veteran at GEO where I have had the opportunity of working almost every post on every shift. I have enjoyed working various positions throughout my career."
Penny, Correctional Officer
"GEO has given me great training. I have confidence that I can move up and make this a lifetime career. I feel there are no limits with this company."
Melissa, Receiving & Release Officer
"Forensic nursing creates unlimited opportunities for evidence-based practice and patient advocacy. It challenges your psychiatric skills."
Darlene, Registered Nurse
"As an Officer, I was given many opportunities to work various positions. My overall career and experience at GEO has been a very rewarding one for me."
Curtis, Administrative Captain
"My career at GEO began in November 1997, and I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks for the opportunities the company has given me. My overall career for the past 14 years has been a great experience."