COMPETITIVE SALARY (D.O.E.) + BONUS PROGRAM + EXCELLENT BENEFITS
Oil Refining - Petroleum - Drilling
Energy - Utilities - Gas - Electric
4 Year Degree
At least 10 year(s)
SALES MANAGER - BALL VALVES
SALES MANAGER - Ball Valve Sales / Midstream & Transmission
SALES – BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – MARKETING
OUR CLIENT, A LEADING GLOBAL MANUFACTURER AND SUPPLIER OF HIGH QUALITY AND RELIABILITY BALL VALVES SEEKS A DYNAMIC & EXPERIENCED SALES MANAGER WITH INDUSTRY KNOWLEDGE, TO MARKET AND SELL BALL VALVES INTO THE TRANSMISSION PIPELINE, AND MIDSTREAM NATURAL GAS & PROCESSING MARKETS IN THE NORTH AMERICAN TERRITORY.
THE SALES MANAGER WILL BE A TECHNICAL SALES EXECUTIVE WITH KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE IN THE COMMERCIALIZATION AND SALE OF HIGH QUALITY & RELIABILITY VALVES. RESPONSIBLE FOR DEVELOPING NEW BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES AND PROMOTING COMMERCIAL ACTIVITIES FOCUSED ON THE NATURAL GAS INDUSTRY.
KEY COMMERCIAL ROLE DRIVING THE SALES, MARKETING, BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT, AND CUSTOMER SATISFACTION INITIATIVES TO CONTINUALLY GROW THE BUSINESS. STRONG CUSTOMER CONTACT AND INTERACTION, WITH KEY PARTICIPATION IN THE AREAS OF CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS, CONTRACT REVIEWS, BIDS, PRICE ESTIMATION, AND QUOTATION.
THIS KEY ROLE WILL ESTABLISH PLANS AND STRATEGIES TO EXPAND THE CUSTOMER BASE AND MARKET SHARE IN LINE WITH ESTABLISHED GROWTH PLANS. SALES AND BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT EFFORTS WILL ALSO CAPITALIZE ON EXISTING CLIENT RELATIONSHIPS TO MARKET AND SELL A RANGE OF BALL VALVE PRODUCTS AND SOLUTIONS ACROSS THE TERRITORY.
HIGHLY INTERACTIVE & VISIBLE ROLE REPORTING TO SENIOR MANAGEMENT. OFFERS CAREER GROWTH POTENTIAL AND A HIGHLY COMPETITIVE COMPENSATION PACKAGE BASED UPON EXPERIENCE AND PROVEN CAREER ACHIEVEMENTS. THIS INCLUDES A COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS PROGRAM WITH VEHICLE ALLOWANCE, HEALTH & DENTAL INSURANCE, VACATION, SICK LEAVE, HOLIDAYS, AND 401K PLAN.
- Drive the company’s revenues from a Sales and Marketing perspective.
- Develop a Competitive Marketing Strategy, resulting in a profitable Sales Plan which attains a desired volume and mix against current fiscal plan.
- Increase sales year on year of company products to exceed projected budgets, plans and forecasts on volumes and margins and obtain sustained market leadership in all sectors.
- Maintain the momentum of strong sales growth in existing markets and build new vertical markets to help transition from a product to market oriented company
- Work with Senior Management to build and implement a successful strategic business plan to ensure future commercial growth, market penetration, and profitability.
- Drive sales and maintain strong relationship with key customers
- Prepare and present timely monthly reports on sales and marketing activities and performance.
- Ensure timely and professional sales service is provided to all existing and potential customers.
- Establish, sustain, and grow a customer base that is inkeeping with the company's market and product objectives
- Collect current and accurate market information and intelligence to be shared with management and sales team to enhance long-term strategic planning
- Direct sales efforts to open up new sales opportunities in a professional and timely manner to increase market share.
- Use efficient planning and execution of customer call schedules to conduct regular contact across the customer base to build robust, long term customer relationships
- Develops and enhances a network of industry contacts to assist in the facilitation of new business opportunities, gathers market data, and disseminates positive information regarding the Company.
- Active involvement and customer contact with any customer-service related issues, following the company’s policy relating to customer-service and integrity
- Cultivate high level professional contact with existing and potential major customers to maximize business opportunities and ensure sensitivity and response to changing customer and market needs.
- Exhibit resilience, independence & self motivation to deliver sales growth across the markets the company services.
- Represent the Company at senior level meetings with customers; attend trade fairs, exhibitions, seminars and other presentations.
- Develop Industry focused marketing campaigns, and sales and marketing materials in-keeping with specifications and requirements.
- Analyze industry sector sales on an ongoing basis, and implement sales strategies to improve sales performance in each particular industrial sector.
- Plan and forecast short, medium, and long-term sales orders and associated activities within market sectors, recommending market penetration or exit, according to profitability standards.
- Control pricing policy and lead all major presentations and negotiations with customers to ensure budgeted gross profit is exceeded or achieved.
- Ensure that engineering and production functions understand and respond effectively to customer demands relevant to contract requirements.
- Interact with Senior Sales Management on Commercial and Business Strategy, as required.
- Identifies and targets new business opportunities to ensure acquisition of new customers and retention of existing customers.
- Proactive handling of day to day inquiries to ensure maximum customer satisfaction with Company products and processes
- Liaises with Customer Support to ensure highest levels of engineering field support
- Establishes and maintains effective channels of communication with the Engineering function to provide customer feedback on current and future designs.
- Provides regular reports of sales activity, active inquiries, competitor intelligence, market trends and reports and business reports
- Active participation at informal and formal public events, industry meetings, engineering forums, and conferences to raise the profile and awareness of the Company across the potential marketplace
- Contributes as part of the team to the overall development and direction of N.A.business
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes
- Technical / Business / or Engineering degree preferred
- 10+ years of increasing professional technical sales experience in flow control products, ideally ball valves.
- Deep understanding of the natural gas industry especially Midstream and Downstream market with proven track record in sales within the Natural Gas Industry
- Experience driving sales of natural gas valves or similar natural gas equipment to established contact base of potential customers including natural gas producers, pipeline transmission and energy companies
- Strong salesmanship and ability to direct and contribute to the sales and marketing strategies of the company
- Proven commercial experience selling technical valve products and solutions to the natural gas industry, achieving profitable sales growth and customer satisfaction.
- Industry awareness (business awareness, market understanding, terminology, processes etc)
- Technical understanding to translate customer technical needs and match them to company solutions / offerings / product applications
- Proven ability to interact at executive level within client companies
- Strong negotiation skills and experience, with proven ability to drive sales closure of large dollar contracts
- Entrepreneurial, self motivated individual
- Expertise in the area of Commercial Sales, Business Development, & Marketing, with proven Client Contact and Relationship Management abilities
- Possess good commercial instincts and sound business judgment
- Knowledge of competitive pricing in the industry segment
- Ability to drive and grow the business in a cost efficient manner
- Self driven / reliant, motivated, independent thinker. Capable of working autonomously for extended periods
- Dynamic, goal and target oriented, high energy, achiever, with a driven personality. Must enjoy contacts and client visitations
- Must have good “attention-to-detail" skills with an understanding of customer requirements and knowledge of quality principles
- Strong territorial management skills, with exceptional time management abilities
- Must be experienced in forecasting, budgeting, planning, and developing a territory with little supervision.
- Able to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions for commercial purposes
- History of high level activity, with track record of rising above peers through promotion and recognition
- Self-starter, multi-tasker, self motivated, meets deadlines and commitments, high sense of urgency, able to prioritize, good organization and planning skills
- Solid leadership, planning, communication, and negotiating skills.
- Motivated, and versatile salesperson, “hands-on" when needed, and able to conduct presentations to senior level personnel when required.
- Planning and Organizing - must be detailed, organized, focused, and deliberate in approach, with good follow-through
- Strong consultative and influencing abilities / Strong interpersonal skills and sensitivity.
- Ability to interact positively and professionally with external customers, and internally with all levels of management, technical and non technical staff, customers and internal staff
- Able to effectively present information to customers, management and public groups and respond to questions
- Must show depth in conversation and display sincere thought, concern and listening skills
- Able to respond to common inquiries from customers, agencies, or members of the business community and be a strong problem solver.
- Stable employment record / Professional presence and demeanor
- Excellent customer service skills: proven experience in managing customer expectations and issues resolution.
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English is essential
- Good phone and interactive skills
- Computer literate and experienced with Microsoft Office programs (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) and client contact programs.
- Position involves frequent business travels to client companies across the business territory
For immediate consideration please forward Word format resume to: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Rice Professional Search
360 N. Sam Houston Pkwy East
Houston, Texas 77060