- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields
- 7+ years of professional senior level software development experience including understanding of common design patterns, OOP, enterprise development issues such as multithreading, transaction management, and scalability.
- 7+ years of Java enterprise programming experience and experience with PHP, Perl, and CPAN modules
- 7+ years of professional experience using MySQL for enterprise software including understanding of and ability to create complex and efficient SQL queries
- 7+ years in web service development (SOAP, REST, JSON or plain XML over HTTPS)
- Manage the day to day project, working with the engineers to understand the requirements and confirm the implementation meets the requirements.
- Translate business requirements into designs.
- Develop project plans, work estimates and risk analysis to implement the requirements.
- Communicate the status of the projects to the Vice President and leaders in other departments.
- Lead the implementation of a software development process, including peer reviews and peer product testing.
- Identify areas of improvement in process and work with applicable teams to improve Westlake Financial's overall productivity.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of team members and work with Vice President, Engineering and HR to address concerns or capitalize on strengths.
- Mentor and improve the skills of the engineers on the team
- Hire, train and retain great engineers.
- Demonstrate social and trust building skills that enable comfortable and effective interactions with others outside the department.
- Proficiency working in UNIX operating systems like Linux
- Experience with agile development methodologies and ability to properly estimate task completion a plus
- Experience researching, developing, and applying new technologies and methodologies
- Experience with ETL processes
- Experience of LAMP stacks
- Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- SVN or other source control system
- Experience in system administration, query optimization, and database tuning of MySQL
This full-time employment role provides competitive compensation and benefits package, along with interesting projects and exceptional growth opportunities.