Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- "Self-motivated" and capable of managing multiple priorities and/ or teams and tasks as delegated
- Serve as liaison between technical and non-technical departments, communicating with other management, developers, product managers and technical support specialists on product issues affecting the Development Team
- Must be a "team-player" with the ability to work within collaborative environments to organize and facilitate backlog prioritization, arrange daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Maintain process documentation and ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Assist Product Owner with backlog maintenance, internal and external communication, improvement of transparency, and disseminating information
- Assist with prioritization and resolution of defects/impediments
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
- Identify and remove impediments, prevents distractions
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Empower the team to self-organize
- Provides coaching to SM I's and other associates
- Strong ability to effectively manage by listening, being readily available, and asking questions as opposed to commanding
- Strong planning and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills (Written and Oral)
- Strong interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills through collaboration
- Ability to effectively lead multiple teams
- Strong analytical ability
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project, Visio)
Education, Training and Experience
- Bachelor's degree desired or equivalent relevant experience
- Certified Scrum Master or equivalent certification required
- 3 years of Scrum Master experience or 5 years product development experience in an Agile environment required or 8 years of overall product development with at least 3 years in a lead role (such as project manager or technical team lead)
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures
- Video Game and/or Gaming development experience desired
Vaco Technology is a customer-focused, premier provider of IT employment solutions. Our strength is our ability to match talented and experienced information technology professionals to the unique business needs of the client.
Our team-based approach allows us to combine our experiences in the IT industry to develop effective, customized solutions quickly and efficiently.
Since we aim to build long-term relationships, we are always striving to provide higher quality service and produce better results.
Vaco Technology is a division of Vaco, LLC. Our sister divisions, Vaco Resources, Vaco Financial, Vaco Healthcare, Vaco National Program, and Continuum Search provide highly skilled, seasoned professionals for finance, accounting and executive search needs.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Company: Vaco Technology
4 Year Degree
Vaco - Nashville