Position Title: Project Manager
Location: O'Fallon, IL near Scott Air Force Base
• Security Clearance: SECRET
• The Global Air Transportation Execution System (GATES) is a joint port management system supporting Defense Transportation System (DTS) and Distribution Process Owner (DPO) migration strategies.
• GATES is developed using Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 3 or higher software processes.
• Serves as the contractor's single contract manager and shall be the company's authorized interface with the Government Contracting Officer (KO), Government management personnel, including the Air Mobility Command (AMC) Program Management Office as well as customer agency representatives.
• Responsible for formulating and enforcing all GATES program work standards, assigning schedules, reviewing work discrepancies, supervising personnel and communicating policies, purposes, and goals of the organization to subordinates.
• Insures that adequate Internal Control Systems implemented and enforced to assure that Government and Contractor renounces are effectively managed.
• Responsible for all day-to-day high-level interactions between the Contractor and representatives of AMC and their designated support Contractors.
• Experience working on agile software development projects
• Experience working with software development project in CMMI I Level 3 environment
• Experience working with Earned Value Management System (EVMS)
• Projected Start Date: 1 Oct 2012
• Duration of Effort: 5 years
• Anticipated % of Time Traveling: 5%
• PMP Certification
• Management Related Certifications
• Familiar with the operation, maintenance, and development of GATES air and water port systems.
• Knowledgeable of the following systems or interfaces:
• Cargo Movement Operating System (CMOS)
• Transportation Coordinators' - Automated Information for Movements System II (TC-AIMS II)
• Mechanized Materials Handling System (MMHS)
• Deliberate and Crisis Action Planning and Execution Segments (DCAPES)
• Handheld Terminals (HHTs)
• Radio Frequency Identification
• Passenger terminal kiosks
• Airlift Clearance Authority
• Passenger Reservations
• Track and Trace
• Other GATES external interfaces
• Proficient in the Government budgeting process
• Bachelor's degree in business, information systems or other related area
• 10 years of experience in business process reengineering and information technology implementation
• 2 years of logistics, supply chain, or transportation chain implementation experience
• 5 years of management experience as project manager on a comparable system
If you feel you meet these requirements, please go to www.salientfed.com/careers/
About Salient Federal Solutions, Inc.: Salient Federal Solutions is a leading provider of information technology, engineering and intelligence analysis services to agencies in the intelligence, defense, homeland security, and cyber domains.
Salient is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/AAP employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace. Salient prohibits discrimination against employees and qualified applicants for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, marital status, national origin, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws. Salient will make reasonable accommodations, in appropriate cases, for qualified individuals with disabilities, if Salient can do so without undue hardship.
For more information on Salient Federal Solutions, Inc, please visit us on the Web at www.salientfed.com.