REPORTS TO: Production Lead/Supervisor
LOCATION: BEF foods, inc.
DATE REVISED: 1-19-2012
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Statement of Purpose:
Assemble and pack various sandwich ingredients.
- Food safety-inspect sandwich ingredients
- Maintain production speed by keeping conveyors, machinery, etc. full at all times
- Team player-each packing position efficiency depends on the packing position prior to it
- Product quality-verify expiration dates and proper materials; insure product is free of contamination
- Ability to read a limited number of two and three syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers.
- Ability to print and speak simple sentences
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's
- Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Education and/or Experience:
No prior experience or training
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a cold environment. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The work environment is noisy and the wearing of hearing protection is required.