$75,000 - $85,000 /Year
Polymer / Plastic / Rubber
At least 3 year(s)
Company is at the cutting edge of technology and performance when it comes to manufacturing release papers and films, specialty papers and blown film. Our full line of extrusion coated and silicone coated products has made us the largest supplier in the industry, meeting and exceeding the needs of multiple market segments we serve. We have six manufacturing facilities in the U.S., India and China, and Corporate Headquarters in Cary, NC.
We are currently seeking a Process Engineer who will join our expanding Greensboro, NC facility. The right candidate will join our team and benefit from an innovative environment and strong career opportunity within a growing, global industry leader.
The Process Engineer will design and implement manufacturing processes and equipment in our plant to achieve the production goals of the organization and assist with new product development. The successful candidate will identify and develop process and equipment needed to produce specific products, analyze data to develop new production processes, estimate time requirements for each step, and prepare operation sheets or make recommendations for changes to existing production processes. Utilize recognized efficiency and quality measurements and procedures (i.e. 6S, Six Sigma, ISO) to minimize risks, costs and wastage, increase productivity and yields, and improve the quality and consistency of final products. The Process Engineer should be familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the process manufacturing field, and rely on previous experience to plan and accomplish goals independently, with other engineering staff, and within cross-functional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably with an emphasis in paper engineering
- 3 – 5 years of industry-related experience
- 2 years of solid background in extrusion coating with an emphasis placed on extrusion coatings onto paper and filmic substrates strongly preferred
- Experience in coating of silicone release chemistries for the tape and labels markets. Solid hands on experience with five- and/or three-roll coating processes.
- Solid statistical training with ability to solve problems using a data-driven approach to identifying root cause and corrective actions and statistical tools such as Minitab.
- Ability to work hands-on with operations to troubleshoot process problems related to web handling, winding, tension control, and coatings
- Strong team orientation, as well as ability to work on and manage smaller tasks and projects independently
- Experience with standard computer equipment and software (MS Office, etc.)
- Technical skills – experience working in a laboratory environment, quality standards
- Analytical skills – ability to gather, review and interpret data and share that data with cross-functional team members
- Communication – ability to share technical expertise and knowledge with internal team members and external customers in order to communicate product attributes and develop and improve new product offerings
- Ability to travel 15 – 20% to plant facilities, customer meetings, trade show events, etc. as needed
Company will consider providing relocation for candidates for this role, and will provide competitive benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.) to the individual hired as of his/her first day of employment.