Forward Air Corporation is a leading provider of time-definite surface transportation and related logistics services to the North American air freight and expedited LTL market. We provide scheduled surface transportation of cargo as a cost effective, reliable alternative to air transportation. We transport air freight that must be delivered at a specific time, but is less time-sensitive than traditional integrated services. We have a network of freight terminals located on or near airports in 85 U.S. and Canadian cities, including our central sorting facility in Columbus, Ohio and 11 regional sort centers that create the most effective linehaul network in the industry. Since 1995, we have experienced rapid growth in revenue from $63.6 million to $417.4 million in 2009. We utilize a flexible source of capacity made up of owner-operators and, to a lesser extent, other surface transportation providers, which results in a largely variable cost operating model with low capital requirements.
- Forward Air also offers our customers a full menu of neutral logistics services including:
- Forward Air CompleteSM, an integrated end to end service for the wholesale shipping community combining linehaul with pickup and delivery options for reliable, single source transportation
- Forward Air Truckload XpeditedSM, our exclusive-use truckload service for larger point-to-point consignments and dedicated fleet services
- Forward Air Airline Logistics, a customized service program for domestic and international airlines handling every aspect of linehaul, container management and network expansion
- Freight Management services, offering a full range of terminal services including 30 container freight stations, container devanning, consolidation, distribution, short and long-term storage, cross dock and warehousing in our 66 stations throughout the U.S. and Canada
- Forward Air Solutions, Inc., a pool distribution services provider operating a network of stations and delivery services