The legacy of incredible newborn portraiture goes back to 1947, when our photographers used a camera called “the Robot” to take black and white photos of newborns in the hospital.
Decades of expansion, acquisition and innovation followed, including:
- First company in the industry to offer color processing for in-hospital newborn photography in the 1960s
- Range expands to 2,500 hospitals in the U.S., then grows to include Canada, in the 1980s
- New business model developed to provide “order right from the hospital” services. The company now provides digital imaging products and services, becoming clear industry leader in newborn photography in the 1990s
- The 2000s are all about large investments in digitalized production facilities and the call center. Employees passed the 2,000 mark
- The company is acquired by a U.K. firm in 2011, expanding our reach to the British newborn market. Aggressive expansion into China and Saudi Arabia creates a global photography business
- Today Mom365 photographers provide free newborn portrait sessions to more than 1 million new moms and babies a year, every year.
- 2013 marks the launch of a new brand called Mom365 along with a magazine and exciting online community for moms. Naturally you can expect even more innovation in the future!