Position Title: Assistant Manager
Assistant Managers (AM’s) are responsible for assisting the General Manager in the overall management of a Hess Express retail location. They assist in establishing and maintaining superior customer service levels. AM's oversee and are accountable for the operation of a retail facility ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandising, human resources management, managing operating costs, inventory and shrinkage.
This is a non-exempt, hourly position
1. Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly, welcoming environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of The Hess Way.
2. Analyze and measure business trends; develop and implement plans to maximize sales and meet or exceed goals and objectives.
3. Control shrink, expenses, and payroll.
4. Ensure appropriate merchandise stock levels, merchandise presentation, signing, and
assortment in all departments; ensure selling floor is adequately stocked.
5. Comparison shop and report results; share information with supervisor, corporate office and make appropriate price adjustments as required.
6. Review store trends. Recommend and initiate changes for maximizing goals and objectives.
7. Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures through regular management and staff meetings, store walk-thru’s, audits, etc.
8. Continually evaluate and react to performance issues and actively recruit high caliber associates, supervisors and management personnel.
9. Train and develop personnel in all aspects of the business.
10. Any other responsibilities as assigned