Mecklenburg and Union Counties
$8.00 - $9.25 /Hour
Pay based on position
Healthcare - Health Services
Not for Profit - Charitable
Other Great Industries
Nonprofit - Social Services
The Job Description outlines your primary responsibilities as a caregiver. This description is not meant to be an exhaustive list of services, as the exact duties to be performed for each assignment will vary. Prior to beginning a new assignment, Senior Helpers will provide you with background information about your client and review any special needs this client may have.
North Carolina Certified Nurse Aides (CNAs) with experience in providing care to the elderly are needed. We're looking for caring and dependable CNAs committed to their job. Valid North Carolina driver's license, car (with current insurance), cell phone, clean background (driving record as well as criminal), great attitude and a heart for seniors are required.
: To provide professional care giving services and to help clients maintain their independence and to assist them with household and family support services.
: Client Service Manager
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES- Companion/Caregiver
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES- CNA/Certified Nursing Assistant
- Companionship & conversation
- Light Housekeeping
- Household management
- Apparel selection (i.e. laying out clothes)
- Meal planning & preparation
- Laundry & linen changing
- Medication reminders
- Transportation using client’s vehicle or your own vehicle depending on client
In sleep-over or live in situations
- Personal Bathing, Dressing and Grooming Assistance
- Medication Reminders
- Ability to make heavy, weight bearing transfers
- All companion/caregiver duties as well
- Prepare sleeping area at night
We have flexible part-time hours (days, nights, weekends, overnights, live-ins) and competitive pay. We also offer on-call weekend shifts (for CNAs) and time and a half for holidays.
- Document activities in the Care Plan Book daily (if applicable).
- Record daily hours worked and daily services performed on the Weekly Time Sheet and Service Log, review with client and submit the signed form every Monday by 5:00 p.m.
- Report any significant client changes to the office immediately.
- Follow all policies and procedures as outlined in the Senior Helpers Employee Handbook and Training Manual.
Valid North Carolina driver's license, your own vehicle (with current insurance), cell phone, clean background (driving record as well as criminal), great attitude and a heart for seniors are required.
- Ability to treat clients with dignity and respect
- Ability to read, write and speak English at an average adult level
- Own your own vehicle
- Valid North Carolina driver’s license with no serious driving violations
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to new situations
- Pass a criminal background check prior to employment with Senior Helpers.
- Ability to pass a drug test