QA Project Lead
QA Project Lead
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
Quality Assurance Project Leads serve as the driver for the testing approach throughout a single project’s development cycle. A Project Lead is responsible for managing testing resources, building test plans, providing accurate and detailed metrics to all project stakeholders, and developing direct reports. To our development partners, they are the primary representation of EA’s worldwide Quality Assurance organization.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Lead a team of permanent and contract staff both onsite and offsite
- Manage and mentor permanent staff and help facilitate career development
- Coach contract staff according to performance expectations
- Supervise testing in a fast-paced environment with both long, short, or persistent development cycles
- Build comprehensive test plans that cover the project scope from end to end, including live environment testing
- Aid in the development of a variety of whitebox and blackbox testing strategies for multiple development settings and/or genres
- Create and manage project budgets and communicate cost to finance and development partners
- Driving quality into team culture and all interactions with development partners Collaborate with development directors, producers, and engineers to build testing requirements and identify project risks.
QA Project Lead
- 4 years of quality assurance experience total.
- 1 year of quality assurance experience while embedded with a development team
- 1 year of quality assurance experience in a leadership position
- Led at least 1 AAA title from start to finish
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Proficiency in Perforce, Jira, DevTrack/DevTest a plus
- Passion for building and driving quality in both products and people
- Mobile gaming background, including iOS & Android
- Adapts and grows with a fast-moving, dynamic team
- Approach situations analytically and applies initiative when applicable
- Is accountable for their own work and the work of their team
Thrives on innovating process through creative problem solving Consistently strives to manage and meet customer expectations and resolve problems Shows the ability to collaborate and negotiate solutions that achieve common goals
QA project leads may possess various degrees of education and experience. All will be considered provided the applicant's experience demonstrates the job duties and responsibilities of the position.
It’s not easy building the world’s best digital playground. It’s hair-standing-on-end exhilarating. It’s down-in-the-trenches challenging. It’s stroke-of-brilliance-at-midnight creative. It’s you—taking risks, challenging yourself, pursuing ideas, changing the way millions of people do something they love: play. In an industry that’s changing every day, EA is positioned for growth thanks to smart business plans, strategic acquisitions, and most importantly, our creative people around the world who gather each day to unite the world through play. We take that last part very seriously, so if what you’re reading excites you as much as it does us, apply today.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.