4th Floor Joint & Spine
Critical Care (CCU)
RN Breast Health Navigator
Director of Surgery
1. Performs a comprehensive assessment on all patients within the appropriate time of admission utilizing skills of observation, communication and examination; including data obtained from patient, family and other members of the healthcare team.
2. Plans the patient’s care on an individual basis, identifying problems/needs, nursing diagnosis, standards of care/practice, interventions consistent with identified problems and attainable outcomes.
3. Plans for patient teaching, discharge and post discharge needs as appropriate for patient population.
4. Functions independently with treatments, procedures and equipment appropriate to areas evidence by adherence to policy, procedure and competency based assessment and no pattern or trend of problem.
5. Handles/transports/stores/prepares/administers medications/solutions safely and in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
6. Documents accurately and timely.
7. Reassess patient’s condition, evaluate patient response and modify plan of care accordingly and in a timely manner.
8. Accepts charge responsibilities and assigns staff with consideration of patient condition and care requirement, acuity and complexity of patient’s condition.
9. Maintain healing and therapeutic environment for the patient and family.
10. Maintains position specific qualifications.
11. Facilitates staff development.
12. Demonstrates responsibility for assigned communications.
13. Demonstrates responsibility for cost containment.