Sr. Publications Specialist
Not Ready To Apply?
Sr. Publications Specialist ~ Garland, TX
- Successful Publications Specialist that project manages, produces and revises a variety of professional quality technical documentation including proposals, technical manuals, product data sheets, miscellaneous program documentation, presentations, and communications products. Interfaces with other project managers to establish plans and maintain schedules. Produces work consistent with government and company requirements. Works closely with graphic artists to embed images in documents.
- Candidate should have current knowledge of technology used in the proposal and desktop publishing fields. Candidate will interface with business partners at all levels, and coordinate resources to execute on assignments, at times delegating work to others.
- Exemplary Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) skills required.
- Must be able to design MS Word templates compliant with work instructions.
- Proven ability to execute on a wide variety of publication projects.
- Advanced production skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel on Windows OS.
- Capable of designing MS Word and Adobe InDesign templates.
- Occasionally assists technical/engineering staff to resolve their document formatting issues.
- Maintains high professional standards of quality, productivity, consistency, and attention to detail.
- Exercises professional quality control.
- Knowledgeable of standard editing/proofreader marks.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments concurrently.
- Ability to work in a demanding team environment with other media professionals.
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign.
- Ability to typeset complex math equations and familiarity with scientific/technical nomenclature.
- Familiarity with Company Style Guide.
- Familiarity with Company proprietary document and ITAR markings.
- Overtime, late night and weekend work is frequently required to meet deadlines.
- Local area travel occasionally required on some assignments.
Contract for 1 year to possible perm
Pay Range: Open
# Openings: 2
NESC is a full service staffing agency providing engineers and technical support personnel on a contract/temporary and permanent basis locally, regionally and nationally. Full Service to us means that we are committed to developing and maintaining relationships with our contractors and client companies.
NESC has specialized divisions to support many varied staffing needs. We currently service, but are not limited to, the following industries: Nuclear, Petroleum, Pharmaceutical, Aerospace, Automotive, Defense, Electronics, Research and Development, Telecommunications, Facilities, Biotechnology, Petrochemical, Information Technology (IT), and many more.