WESTMED Practice Partners (WPP) is a leading healthcare management services company, which provides a turnkey solution to hospital systems looking to build a free-standing, comprehensive ambulatory center offering a full range of primary, specialty and ancillary services.
Benefits of an integrated multispecialty practice
- One stop shopping
- Coordinated, efficient, quality care
- Virtual and physical integration
- Happy patients, doctors and staff
- Improved practice branding
- ACO ready
Evolving from the success of WESTMED Medical Group, during the decade of implementation of this model, WESTMED has received national recognition for its coordinated clinical services and highly integrated information systems that have improved patient care, increased physicians' professional satisfaction and boosted physicians' and staff income.
WPP is committed to being the "Employer of Choice" for talented and savvy business professionals. We provide in-house billing, collections, eligibility, pre-certification, human resources, time/attendance, payroll, purchasing, finance, contract negotiations, risk management, recruiting, analytics, information technology, medical management, medical records, contact center, marketing and credentialing services.
Our main location is: 2700 Westchester Avenue in Purchase, NY, 10577. We have recently opened our newest corporate building in Charlotte, NC where we are growing our Contact Center along with many other departments including Billing, Centralized Services and Eligibility. The address of this location is 207 Regency Executive Park Drive, Charlotte, NC.
The Benefit Verification Specialist will serve a key role as a member of our Charlotte, NC Eligibility Specialist Team. The ideal candidate will have experience in determining and processing medical eligibility for our patients. Ensuring patient information and eligibility have been accurately verified and recorded in our Practice Management database. The ideal candidate will have a passion for providing exceptional customer service to all of our clients, internal and external. WESTMED Practice Partners Eligibility Department is a centralized service. We serve as Subject Matter Experts for our internal customers providing information and assistance regarding difficult insurance inquiries.
Essential Functions and Job Responsibilities
The incumbent will be responsible for:
- Ensuring insurance verification is validated with the appropriate insurance carrier employing multiple methods such as electronic submissions to our clearinghouse, manual submissions processed through insurance websites, and/or by telephone.
- Verifying medical coverage prior to scheduled appointments and ensuring that certain preventive and specialty benefits are thoroughly reviewed.
- Notifying our patients of any insurance issues and resolving prior to their scheduled appointment.
- Completing assigned special projects as needed these can include but are not limited to research projects pertaining to insurance company benefit guidelines and requirements.
If interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resume]
Working Hours: Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm
- High School Diploma or equivalent, Associates Degree preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Working knowledge of insurance verification and medical office procedures
- Strong time management skills, the ability to plan, prioritize and complete delegated tasks within the expected time line
- Microsoft Office Experience
- Proficient keyboarding skills
- Ability to adapt to changing workflows, processes and work queues
- Ability to support team, departmental and organizational protocols, workflows, policies and procedures