Colfax Fluid Handling in Monroe, NC is searching for a Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join its growing team. In this dynamic and diverse role you will plan, direct, and implement manufacturing processes for our IMO Pump and Zenith industrial plant. With eight (8) direct reports and six (6) indirect, this role is the driving Engineer for cost savings.
- Formulate and implement manufacturing processes with the purpose of costs savings to the organization.
- Review and analyze proposals submitted to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures.
- Approve and submits proposals considered feasible to management for consideration and allocation of funds or allocates funds from department budget.
- Develop and implement methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences, in order to inform management of current status of each project.
- Develop, evaluate, and improve manufacturing methods
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, workflow, equipment design layout and fixtures and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Participate in the implementations and utilization of CBS (Colfax Business Systems) tools (Lean Enterprise).
- Apply statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Train co-workers and other manufacturing engineers.
- Bachelor’s Engineering degree (Industrial, Mechanical, Engineering or Technology) from four-year College or University with three (3) to seven (7) years related experience.
- Three (3) to five (5) years implementing and utilizing lean manufacturing (Toyota Production System) principles in a lean manufacturing environment is required.
- Familiarity with pump technology is a plus.
- Ability to communicate complex problems both written and verbally.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
See Job Description
Started in 1995 with a vision to build a world-class manufacturing enterprise, Colfax has grown from a specialty fluid handling company to a multi-platform diversified industrial company serving hundreds of global industries. A big reason for that growth: the foundational principles and leadership governing every aspect of Colfax operations. Read below about our history, our business philosophy, our leadership and our commitment to health, safety and the environment.