Network Security Engineer
Experience: 5 - 7 years
Network Security Engineer:
CCCi has an opportunity for a Network Security Engineer with our client in Raleigh, NC.
Network Security Engineer Responsibilities:
- The Network Security Engineer is an IT professional with responsibility for designing, implementing and supporting network security solutions for the client.
- In collaboration with members of the Architecture and Engineering, Systems Administration, Database Administration, IT Development and Application Support teams, the Senior Network Security Engineer
will implement practical solutions to secure the client's internal and external network infrastructure.
- This includes the on-going maintenance and management of hardware and software that secures the organization's network, analyzing and troubleshooting problems and monitoring for potential network
security problems or incidents.
- Design, install, deploy and configure security systems with the proper service packs and hot fixes;
- Be an escalation point to the Helpdesk in troubleshooting user issues.
- Monitor the health and performance of security and network infrastructure equipment.
- Research for latest technology and best practice and provide recommendations.
- Manage, tune and maintain security infrastructure including web filtering, mobile device management, Intrusion prevention systems and firewalls specifically (ASA, PA, fireEye, source fire and Nitro SIEM).
- Manage, tune and maintain log aggregation and vulnerability management systems.
- Manage, tune and maintain data loss prevention, privileged session management and alerting systems.
- Manage, tune and maintain security of remote access solutions (VPN).
- Develop and maintain concise documentation related to responsibilities.
- Support the network infrastructure includes but not limited to (routers, Nexus switches, Catalyst Switches, wireless, etc.
Network Security Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience, CCSP (Cisco Certified Security professional) a HUGE plus.
- 5+ years of experience working with networking and security solutions is required.
- Experience with network/security design is required.
- Experience with managing and design Cisco ASA, Palo Alto firewalls and other security solutions such as (fireEye, source fire, etc.) is very important to the Client
- Experience with VPN setup.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with all levels of personnel.
- Strong client-service orientation and focus.
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed and creative problem solving skills.
- Understanding of different attack scenarios and methodologies, attacks targeting each OSI layer and countermeasures used to prevent those attacks.
- Understanding of cryptosystems, cryptography, hashing, digital signatures, and certificates.
- Experience with Nitro SIEM.
- Experience with Citrix NetScaler.
- Experience with network/security monitoring tools.
- Experience managing web filtering.
- Understand L2/L3 Security.
Network Security Engineer Desired Qualifications:
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of wireless technologies.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of networking (subnets, EIGRP, Vlans and WAN).
- Familiar with PCI compliance.
- Experience with F5 load balancing including ASM.
- Experience with VoIP.
Network Security Solutions, Practical Solutions, Internal and External Network Infrastructure, Hardware and Software, Troubleshooting Problems, Security Systems, Service Packs, Hot Fixes, Security and Network Infrastructure Equipment, Web Filtering, Mobile Device Management, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Firewalls, ASA, PA, fireEye, Source Fire, Nitro SIEM, Vulnerability Management Systems, Data Loss Prevention, Privileged Session Management, Alerting Systems, Remote Access Solutions (VPN), Routers, Nexus, Switches, Catalyst Switches, Wireless, CCSP, Cryptosytems, Cryptography, Hashing, Digital Signatures, Cisco ASA, Palo Alto Firewalls, Sitro SIEM, Citrix NetScaler, Network/Security Monitoring Tools, Web Filtering, L2/L3 Security, VPN Setup, Wireless Technologies, Subnets, EIGRP, Vlans, WAN, PCI Compliance, F5 Load Balancing, ASM, VoIP.
CCCi is an IT Staffing leader in Service, Value and Positive impact.
A WBENC-Certified Woman-Owned Enterprise, CCCi serves a broad and diverse client roster including many midmarket companies and government entities to Fortune 100 companies. Its dedicated teams operate from regional offices in Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte and Dallas. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in Atlanta, the company has highly qualified technical consultants on assignment in over 21 states.
With a reputation as a highly ethical business partner, CCCi displays uncompromised integrity and a straightforward approach that includes openness and honesty in all dealings. It eagerly seeks innovation and best practices, developing technical knowledge along with new and enhanced services that help clients create the type of IT organization their business demands.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Internet - ECommerce
4 Year Degree