Oracle PeopleSoft DBA
Experience: 5 - 10 years
Oracle PeopleSoft DBA:
CCCi has an opportunity for a Oracle PeopleSoft DBA with our client in Charlotte, NC.
Oracle PeopleSoft DBA Responsibilities:
- This position is the primary database administrator for managing the HR PeopleSoft databases.
- The technical environment includes Oracle, PeopleSoft, Linux, Microsoft Windows, active directory, and
F5 network appliances.
- This position will be on a team that encompasses both technical and functional areas.
- The candidate will work closely and in partnership with various operational support teams, development
teams, project managers, vendors, and internal clients.
- The goal is to ensure that the application infrastructure under our management is stable, reliable, and
- Database Administration:
- Monitors and manages storage.
- Manages replication of database for disaster recovery efforts.
- Creates, configures, patches, tunes, and clones databases.
- Installs applications for database management.
- Performs database backup and recovery duties; establish standards and schedules for database backups; develops and routinely tests recovery procedures for each database; ensures that backup schedules meet the recovery requirements and conforms to all database and data quality policies and standards.
- Provides 24x7 database administration support .
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving database performance issues in development, test and production environment.
- PeopleSoft technical administration:
- Runs weekly payroll process by locking and unlocking user accounts.
- Provides administrative support to PeopleSoft IT for tax updates.
- Provides primary PeopleSoft middle tier support.
- Patches, updates and fixes.
- Installation, configuration, and support of PeopleSoft web, application, batch, and file servers.
- LDAP integration.
- Manages PeopleSoft security (metadata).
- Collaborates with corporate security and network administration teams to ensure seamless client connectivity.
- Participates in security audits.
- Provides client support as needed.
- Collaborates with server team on F5 load balancer configuration.
- Involved with extranet, internet, and intranet activities with PeopleSoft (i.e. eRecruit).
- Installs, configures and manages PeopleTools.
- Maintains and monitors PS components such as BEA WebLogic, SSL, Tuxedo, Process Scheduler, Integration Broker and Application Messaging.
- SMTP, FTP support when needed.
- Designs, builds, implements, and manages self-service eModules.
- Monitors Windows operating system within the PeopleSoft environment.
- Utilizes tools for system monitoring.
- Responsible for providing technical support and expertise to Application teams.
- Provides customer consultation as needed to include, but not limited to infrastructure planning, database design, data mapping and conversion activities that meet functional and operational requirements as well as IT standards.
Oracle PeopleSoft DBA Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or equivalent
combination of training and experience.
- Broad knowledge of relational database technologies and middle tier management.
- Oracle DBA managing RDBMS 11.X environment
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment
- Basic knowledge of Linux environment
- Advanced knowledge of People Tools
- Expert knowledge and demonstrated experience with PeopleSoft architectural environment to include
People Tools, Process scheduler and middle tier components
- Demonstrated experience with Technical Architecture design
- Senior-level Oracle database experience within the PeopleSoft environment
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive Oracle database administration experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressive PeopleSoft technical administration experience
- Experience in PeopleSoft security
- Working knowledge of change control management
- Microsoft Server software products including operating system, Active Directory related to LDAP
- Oracle/PeopleSoft Development and administration tools (including
PeopleTools, Verity Search engine, Application Designer, PeopleCode, Application Engine, SQR, Data
Mover, Component Interface, Change Assistant, PS Admin, Integration Broker and Query).
- Provide technical support during application upgrade effort which includes data conversion through
- Experience with creating database documentation.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team-oriented environment and effectively communicate in oral
and in writing with peers and customers.
- Working knowledge and use of RMAN for backup and recovery.
- Basic knowledge of F5 load balancers.
- Working knowledge of Oracle data guard.
- Working knowledge of Oracle advanced security.
- Working knowledge of Oracle OMS.
Database Administrator, HR PeopleSoft Databases, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Linux, Microsoft Windows, Active Directory, F5 Network Appliances, Operational Support Teams, Development Teams, Application Infrastructre, Database Backup and Recovery, Recovery Procedures, Backup Schedules, Recovery Requirements, Data Quality Policies and Standards, Troublshooting, Resolving Database Performance Issues, Production Environment, Payroll Processes, USer Accounts, PeopleSoft IT, Tax Updates, PeopleSoft Middle Tier Support, PeopleSoft Web Application Batch and File SErvers, LDAP Integration, PeopleSoftSecurity (metadata) Client Connectivity, People Tools, PS Components, BEA WebLogic, SSL, Tuxedo, Process Scheduler, Itegration Broker, Application Messaging, SMTP, FTD, Self-Service eModules, Windows Operating System, System Monitoring, Technical Support, Infrastructre Planning, Database Design, Data Mapping, Conversion Activities, Functional and Operational Requirements, IT Standards, Relational Database TEchnologies, Oracle DBA Managing RDBMS 11.x Environment, Linux Environment, PeopleSoft Architecture, Technical Architecture Design, Oracle Database Administration, RMAN, F5 Load Balancers, Oracle Data Gaurd, Oracle Advanced Security, Oracle OMS.
CCCi is an IT Staffing leader in Service, Value and Positive impact.
A WBENC-Certified Woman-Owned Enterprise, CCCi serves a broad and diverse client roster including many midmarket companies and government entities to Fortune 100 companies. Its dedicated teams operate from regional offices in Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte and Dallas. Founded in 1978 and headquartered in Atlanta, the company has highly qualified technical consultants on assignment in over 21 states.
With a reputation as a highly ethical business partner, CCCi displays uncompromised integrity and a straightforward approach that includes openness and honesty in all dealings. It eagerly seeks innovation and best practices, developing technical knowledge along with new and enhanced services that help clients create the type of IT organization their business demands.
|For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online:|
Never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn More >>
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder.com you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder.com Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Internet - ECommerce
4 Year Degree