Lenovo is not just another technology company. We don't just manufacture electronics. We are the company that powers the people who Do. The engine that helps them Do more. Do better. Do what's never been done. So we tinker for the tinkerers. Create for the creators. Build for the builders. Our greatest service is to develop the tools that makes their work even greater. And we are united in the quest to help our users defy the impossible.
We don't believe we make the world's best technology. We believe we make the technology that powers the world's best ideas.
Functional Area: Engineering
Facility: Corporate Office
Relocation Provided: Yes
Travel Percent: 5
•**Position is located in our Corporate headquarters in Raleigh, NC. Relocation assistance is available***
We are seeking a talented engineer who will serve a key role in the planning and design of Lenovo’s world class Server and storage products, focusing on the internal HBA/CNA solution. Technically savvy, results-oriented, and quality-focused individual with strong, hands-on development experience with FC and CNA (HBA) Host Bus Adapters in server and storage products.
Will work closely with the validation team to ensure that solutions are fully tested and that issues are debugged to root cause. He/she will then engage with our RAID platform suppliers to resolve issues efficiently and completely.
Lenovo is not just another technology company. We make the technology that powers the world’s best ideas. We design tools for those who are driven by accomplishment. We are the company that powers the people who Do. The engine that helps them Do more. Do better. Do what’s never been done. And we are united in the quest to help our users defy the impossible.
We are looking for driven individuals who thrive in a truly global company and culture. Come put your career on the fast track with the fastest growing PC company in the world!
Lenovo…. For Those Who Do.
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
• BS degree minimum in EE, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
• 5 years of experience working with Server HW and 5 years experience in Storage products (internal or external)
• Proficient in written and spoken English to explain technical problems via phone and emails to US based supplies
• Responsible for creating execution plans for the Storage HBA (FC, CNAs and iSCSI HBAs) subsystems for the supported platforms based on the direction established by the Architecture team
• Experience with various HBA controllers such as Fibre channel, CNA and iSCSI HBAs
• Familiarity with systems, computer architecture and PC/Server interfaces such as PCI-e, SAS, SATA, iSCSI, SCSI and FC
• Ability to configure and install a server with various HBA Cards in the system in various operating systems, including Windows Server editions, Linux or Solaris operating systems.
• Ability to accurately and consistently follow instructions delivered in an oral, written or diagram format while also providing feedback with a goal of constant improvement.
• Experience with installing, configuring and maintaining Servers with FC HBAs to external storage, configuring HBA settings and troubleshooting of issues.
• Knowledge of operating systems & drivers and how they interact.
• Knowledge of SAN concepts such as mapping, masking and zoning
• Experience troubleshooting issues in HBAs and effective working with the FAEs (Field Application Engineers) to provide issue details and to identify root cause and resolution
• Ability to multi-task, managing multiple assignments concurrently; quickly and accurately shifting attention across tasks within distracting conditions without losing focus on quality
Apply Today! Lenovo Creates Careers FOR THOSE WHO DO!