Electrical Estimator/Cost Planner II
The role of a Cost Planner II is to support Electrical estimating and other preconstruction services for Solar Projects. The Cost Planner II may direct Cost Planner I and Assistant Cost Planner staff. Responsibilities may include quantification of work items, bid solicitation, estimate pricing, preliminary value analysis, scope development and processing of computerized data. This role generally works with the preparation of complete estimates for projects.Essential Job Functions, Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Take off quantities from plans under the supervision of Senior Cost Planner and Chief Cost Planner.
- Compile complete list of qualifications for estimates.
- Use Digitizer and Revit as take-off aids.
- Input data into estimating software and review pricing.
- Review estimates for inclusion of all GMRs Global Minimum Requirements within the estimates.
- May supervise all preconstruction services including value analysis and constructability reviews.
- Support soliciting trade/subcontractor bids, including analyzing and scoping bids.
- Lead Cost Planning staff in preparation of lump sum or GMP proposals along with Operations team.
- Ensure adequate and proper number of documents are available for estimates.
- Responsible for Project Risk Registers during preconstruction.
Familiar with all policies and processes as they relate to this position
5-10 years of construction experience including min of 5 years of electrical estimating experience in the companys business.
Experience with Solar projects is highly preferred but not required
Ability to supervise take-off quantities for the estimate.
Ability to assemble complete estimates for review.
Proficient in estimating software including MC2 and Revit is a big plus
Familiar with all GMR requirements is a plus
Ability to support maintenance of office pricing data, including MC2 databases.
Ability to conduct meetings with clients and designers to present and review estimates.
Four-year engineering or architecture degree a plus
Strong communication, organization and analytical skills.
Stratus Technology Services, LLC began operations in January 2001, and has since realized high-level growth and steady profitability by providing IT Services and Solutions for businesses on a local, regional and nationwide