Nursing - Professional
The ICU/CCU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Current licensure as an RN.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider and ACLS.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
In communities across North Florida and South Georgia, more than 19,000 of your neighbors, friends and colleagues are committed to building a Healthy Community - a community with dedicated neighborhood groups, active little leagues, charities helping those in need, first class institutions that contribute to the overall well-being of the community, and businesses committed to making the communities they serve a better place. We are the 9 hospitals in North Florida and 5 hospitals South Georgia affiliated with HCA and their more than 19,000 employees, committed to a Healthy Community.