LAST UPDATED: Mar 9, 2014Administrative Assistant
Great Opportunity in the Michoud Area of New Orleans East. This position will support the administrative and accounting team in data entry, reporting, answering phones, correspondence, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and purchasing. Duties:
Prepares correspondence as directed by supervisor.
- Performs routine clerical functions
- Open and distribute mail to all departments
- Matching Purchase Orders to Invoices for Filing
- Create reports Excel and Word
- Data Entry into Company Forms and Templates
- Other Clerical duties as needed
- Assist in A/P and A/R Functions
- Answer telephones
- Create Correspondence as directed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles, practices and general professional office standards
- Skill in both oral and written communication
- Problem analysis and resolution skills
- Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook (Testing will be required to determine level of experience)
- Strategic Thinker with problem solving skills
Professional phone skills with the ability to direct incoming calls to the proper departments
Self Starter with the initiative to evaluate the tasks assigned, prioritize, and meet company deadlines
Must be a team player and be able to step in where ever needed in the clerical field
Three years of administrative experience OR Any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved. Must have Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word.
Language Requirements: English
As one of the world’s leading staffing companies, our primary objective is clear-cut: To perfectly align the best people with appropriate positions for our clients everywhere. Every day, we talk to hiring managers, HR directors, procurement managers, and senior management to learn their needs. At the same time, we’re bringing in candidates and associates with a variety of skills and backgrounds, seeing how we can best put their skills to use.