Nursing - Professional
Job Description:The WOC (Wound, Ostomy, Continence) Nurse, under the direction of the Director of Inpatient Services, organizes and manages the care of patients within the facility with specific care needs related to the integumentary, gastrointestinal and genitourinary systems. This includes demonstrating clinical expertise in undertaking accurate assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care for patients with complex wounds, ostomies and continence disorders. The WOC nurse will also serve as a clinical resource to other nursing staff and be prepared to function in the roles of educator and leader.
- When appropriate, assist with preoperative preparation of patient undergoing stoma placement, including site selection and education.
- Maintains current WOCN certification and participates in continuing education programs relative to this specialty.
- Maintain thorough and accurate records and documentation of activities and statistical reports.
- Develop and maintain a formulary of supplies for the management of wounds, ostomy and continence disorders that incorporates product evaluations, cost-effectiveness comparisons and outcomes quality.
- Participates on at least one hospital committee, task force and/or community health-related service.
- Current Utah licensure as a Registered Nurse.
- Current CWOCN Certification by the Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing Certification Board (WOCNCB) or successful completion of certification within one year of hire.
- Minimum of 2 years nursing experience in the acute care setting
- Current BLS certification (required)
In communities across North Florida and South Georgia, more than 19,000 of your neighbors, friends and colleagues are committed to building a Healthy Community - a community with dedicated neighborhood groups, active little leagues, charities helping those in need, first class institutions that contribute to the overall well-being of the community, and businesses committed to making the communities they serve a better place. We are the 9 hospitals in North Florida and 5 hospitals South Georgia affiliated with HCA and their more than 19,000 employees, committed to a Healthy Community.