Colfax Fluid Handling in Monroe, NC is seeking a Global Commodity Manager to join its growing team. In this new and exciting role, you will have the opportunity to implement, lead and manage the overall global strategy for an assigned commodity across the Colfax Fluid Handling Platform. You will be responsible for developing, implementing and managing the global supply chain strategies that supports all Fluid Handling sites with a primary focus of quality, on time delivery and total landed cost.
Specific Responsibilities include:
• Manage all aspects of developing and implementing a global commodity strategy for the assigned commodities across multiple sites.
• Develop, implement and maintain standardized processes, procedures, policies, work instructions and safety guidelines.
• Monitor and provide clear communications to suppliers as to Colfax Fluid Handling’s requirements and expectations for delivery, quality, customer support, and continuous improvement.
• Responsible for long term agreements in conjunction with supply chain management, certified supplier program, favorable terms and conditions on all purchases, and on-time delivery initiatives.
• Work with engineering, manufacturing, local purchasing managers and suppliers on all change orders and their associated incorporation into WIP. Understand, monitor and share global commodity market conditions/trends, developing technologies, supply chain capacity/ capability, product knowledge, customer requirements and supply/demand to maintain a roadmap that ensures supply chain viability.
• Continually communicate with each site on current pricing and lead time information to ensure each materials manager can keep their ERP system up to date.
• Coordinate with the Marketing department to ensure that the supply base has the capabilities and capacity to meet forecast growth and product development.
• Guide the selection, development, and management of Strategic Suppliers to meet commodity cost and performance goals.
• Develop and implement spend management and/or commodity strategies including supplier assessments and rationalization, negotiation for best total cost of ownership, inventory reduction programs, cycle time improvements, security of supply, supplier diversity, low cost countries, continuous improvement, EDI, and procurement/engineering collaboration.
• Lead negotiations and completion of contracts/supplier agreements on price, payment terms, warranty, returns and customer support with global strategic and preferred suppliers to maximize benefits across corporation and its affiliates.
• Establish a strong network and foster collaboration with customers, suppliers, key stakeholders, and site material managers.
• Create and maintain mutually beneficial long-term partnerships with strategic suppliers to foster feedback and continuous improvement.
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain or Purchasing with a minimum of 5-10 years experience in Supply Chain or Purchasing in a manufacturing environment.
• CPSM, C.P.M. or CPIM certification is preferred.
• Advanced knowledge of procurement principles, theories and process.
• Must have a good understanding of what is required to support the purchasing function in an Engineered to Order environment.
• A strong understanding of ERP systems, IFS or SAP experience is a plus
• Must understand sourcing and strategy development in a low volume high mix environment
• Must have a valid passport for travel both international and domestic, up to 50%
See Job Description
Started in 1995 with a vision to build a world-class manufacturing enterprise, Colfax has grown from a specialty fluid handling company to a multi-platform diversified industrial company serving hundreds of global industries. A big reason for that growth: the foundational principles and leadership governing every aspect of Colfax operations. Read below about our history, our business philosophy, our leadership and our commitment to health, safety and the environment.